Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fathers day kicked ass today at the track. Not only was the weather absolutely beautiful, but the traction was better than usual, (for slippery rock).

Posted a new 'best' for the car et wise. 10.15 @ 132. 60 foot was only a 1.44 tho.

First round of elims, lit the bulb. 4.76 red. No biggie. bought into the consolation race, and went 5 rounds to the finals. Then lit the bulb in the final round while running a 10.26 on a 10.26....go figure.......
In either case, got a trophy, a sticker for the window, and 25 bucks back!!!!!!
Momma and the kids came down to watch, along with some other friends, so all in all, it was a super day!
Hope everyone elses fathers day was as great!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Congratulations on your new best ET.Its always great to set a new one.Sounds like your knockin on a 9 second pass
At what point does that issue with your cage kick in or did you get that fixed.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With my luck, the 9.9999999999999 pass will happen in like October or September when the really good air comes back, at the end of the season........More then likely, NOT at slippery rock.

Maybe next weekend when we trailer down to Cedar Falls, in Iowa, it'll happen. Who knows.

The cage is NOT 9 sec legal, but it's safe (for now).

Another winter project for next year.......Yeah......getting closer,for sure!

·
Registered
777 Posts
If you have a full cage it will be 9 second legal for Cedar Falls. IHRA does not require the chassis to be certified till 9 flat.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Drag,congrats!!!!!!I'm still knocking on 10's....LOL lots of work to still do but I'm getting there. Fun Ford Weekend was my cars personal best but I broke out like a mother,so I know how you feel. Just put new gears in the pony and am taking her to Gainesville tomorrow for a look see,hopefully we get in the 10's.Again,congrats!!
Jax
89LX
02 NEW tow vehicle,F-350 Powerstroke Dually

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!
Found out, (or more, kinda figured out/fanaggled/whatever), that Tri State raceway is only 1 hour east of Cedar Falls, and they run on sunday............

Looks like after racing on saturday, gonna load up, do a little overnite camping gig, and roll into Tri State for racing on sunday too! A whole weekend of racing........It doesn't get any better than this!!!!!!!

I'm thinking that traction isn't going to pose a problem this weekend!

(upon saying that, I'll probably drive the 5+ hours to Iowa, and get rained out).......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts