Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to El Paso on leave from Korea. It went by way too fast and now I am back in Korea. I went with my wife up to Ruidoso New Mexico. Last time I went there I saw a bunch of junkyards in the Tularosa valley. I got some pictures this time. I saw a torino fast back on a pile and a bunch of other old cars which got me pretty excited. It seems the yards I saw are almost entirely OLD cars. There is also a place that sells mostly rust free 50's and older cars for around 50 bucks. Its pretty neat. I'll get the pictures up as soon as my wife uploads them and gets them on photo bucket.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I am sure there are a few others besides me that are really looking forward to seeing the pictures! Do you by any chance have contact info on the yards too? Always nice to know where to look to find some vintage 50's iron!
Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Humphrey351 on 3/25/06 12:34pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No real contact information. F15 might have some as he's lived there a lot longer than I have. I'll also say the pics don't do the yards justice. I was at a bit of a distance so its mostly the sea of cars shots. It was pretty neat though.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
If it is the yard that I am thinking about, there is 2500-3000 cars in there. I have pulled lots and lots of parts out of that yard. The yard has not been open since the early 70's, but I know the caretaker of the yard. He gives me the keys and I have the run of the place, he tells me to come back when I am done, and he charges me for what I have taken off. Hey Issac, is the Torino fasback a lime green car? If it is the one that I am thinking about, it looks good from the street, but it is hammered on the left side. There is also a 428 CJ Cougar in that yard, as well as an "R" code '64 Galaxie. I've pulled 8 Toploader 4 speeds from that yard starting back in '99. Everytime I go back I find something new. I have a few pics of my own. I've pulled every set of Mustang discs, all the Mustang horns and prop valves, all the Mustang V-8 engine mounts and anything else that is of value from the early Mustangs. I have also pulled all the 4 speed floor humps from the Torinos,Galaxies and Falcons, all the clutch pedal assemblies, and all the Cougar taillights. I've also pulled a couple of sets of 14" Magnum 500's, two '65 Mustang styled steel wheels, one 15" Magnum 500 wheel, a '65 Mustang Rally Pac and a cool Ansen scattershield for a 5 bolt 289. As a matter of fact I need to go back, because there are a few more parts that I need to get...............

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, probably its the same place. Lime green torino. Looks like you picked all of the good stuff!
I'd like to take a look some time myself. Let me know if you go some time in 2007.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Oh man, you guys in the Southwest have it all !! I would go certifiably insane in a place like that. I would have to build a new garage to store all the parts. MMMMMM yeah goooood !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hay F15Falcon, I live in El Paso as well. I am trying to put back together my 63 Comet S-22 convert. I am looking for an 8" rear end out of a 63 V8 falcon or comet as well as some rear quarter panels and some other various parts.

I work for the Sun Bowl Association. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it. My number is 915-490-5975.

Thanks
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.