Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little sacrilegious, but has anyone done this?
I like the giant trunk, full-size look myself, but thought it would be
fun to see the car shortened in length.

I did a quick photoshop comp just to see what it would look like.
I know it would bring it into the Fairlane/Falcon territory, but the
Galaxie just has tougher and cleaner styling than the smaller cars.
No Fairlane fins or slanted moldings or the square look of the falcon..

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nah, I don't care for those at all. But it might not be such a bad idea. If you get more into the "something seems different, is that stock?" territory it might be pretty nice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I always thought that Ford should have made the galaxie like 7/8ths scale. Just shrink a '64 fastback to fairlane size, maybe just a little bigger, but still not have shock towers. I think that would be friggin awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
I think Ford called it >Falcon Sprint<.....:D

if I remember correctly.....
someone posted a picture here of a 64 4dr that had been shortened to a 2dr...
and it looked pretty good....

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think your renditions are cool. I thought maybe on the blue one, just shortening the trunk end might be cool. "Pony car" look, in a fullsize package. It would be a load of work, but would be something unique! I like it.

Here's the concept using my '63...

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's funny, after I did the Photoshop version I walked out and looked at my car. There's actually a pretty long section where the quarter stays the same for about a foot. It actually wouldn't be that big of a job, for a good body shop. The trim would be easy to trim too, and could be used to hide some of the changes. I think it's a really cool idea, but then again, I don't live even near "the box".

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
This is an actual car that was for sale on Craigslist about 2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
5,595 Posts
Looks like they chopped the backseat out? That looks bizarre. Feels like a Nash micro car.
I haven't used the back seat for its intended purpose for a long time. What good is it anyways?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts