Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get the OK to sell my old Dart Sr. heads,.......what would the be worth?

They've been milled to have 54 cc (if I remember right), chamber. They have 2.06 intakes, and 1.66 exhaust valves. PC seals, all brand new stuff. valves/studs/guides/springs/retainers/keepers,pushrod guide plates. They're cut to accept .670+ cam. Ported/polished/port matched.
The down side is that there are a few cracks in them. (nothing major, but I'm getting new heads, so it doesn't matter to me. Just needs to have a couple of seats put in.
In either case, just wondered what they might be worth...........

·
Registered
183 Posts
Drag, I'm not sure what there worth, but I'm listening for the others opinions. My 351 is pretty tired and I was planning on a rebuild this spring and was looking to buy a pair of Darts instead of spending a ton on these wore out stock heads. The downside is work is terriable and dont look good for awhile so I might have to hold off a little while longer. I had a pair once and wished I wouldnt have gotten rid of them. Your chambers sound a bit small but if I were doing a rebuild, maybe someone makes a dished piston.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The heads worked superbly on my 2 year ago project, (030" 351W, 11.1 motor. Pulled, (as in pulled hard), to 8 grand easily. Little smaller cam, (ultra dyne 632 lift-240 duration). Same victor jr, and ignition/850+ holley on it.
Other than needing, (although you could run 'em as is), some seats installed, they're brand new accessories. (all new valves/retainers/ ........ooops, I'm being redundant again............

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm... well being milled down to 54cc may be a sticking point. is that angle or flat mill? It would mean someone would have to have an intake milled to match. If you could sell or offer to sell your match milled intake, it would be a stronger sale.

then the cracks... are they at the valve seats or where? I probably would not buy cracked heads unless I new for certain where the cracks are, probably would want to see a picture, and would want assurance they can be fixed.

all that said, i think you could fetch between 300-400 for the pair.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all that said, i think you could fetch between 300-400 for the pair.

sorry, i just saw the ported part... depending on the quality of the port work (again pictures and even flow data would go a long way) I would say maybe as high as 500-550 on ebay.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where do you want me to send the pictures to?
(I just picked up my digital camera tonite). WAiting for the battery to charge, then I"ll head out into the garage and take some pics of the heads...........

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On 2002-01-04 18:58, drag79stang wrote:
Where do you want me to send the pictures to?
uh...to the potential buyer, LOL!
I was just saying that a buyer would want to see pictures, or that if you tried to sell the heads on ebay, pictures would help.

I'm not asking that you send ME pictures!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts