Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want some mufflers that are really loud, sound good, and that bring out the rough idle of my cam what do you guy recomend let me know thanks

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
I love the sound of Rhino "big block" mufflers. Here's a link, which allows you to download the sound.

http://www.ipchuth.com/

The clip doesn't really do the mufflers justice though. At one of the first Hot Rod Power Tours a Rhino employee with a bone stock 289 Galaxie wagon, no headers, had these on and it roared. Great sound, and not as common as Flowmasters.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have to say some Borla titanium or something mufflers sound sooooo good. My buddy has em' om his 5.0 and man what a mean sounding stang!!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
FX, what did the x do to the sound? Compare it to a h pipe system w/ packs or similar setup. At what rpm does it change? I know the x has a greater "sound" effect in the upper rpms, but does it do much to the tone at idle or cruise?
I have an x waiting for me in the garage. I just need to get my car running to get it down to the muffler man now!!!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
An x at idle and low rpm's drops noise level probably 2-4 db's. Above 3 grand, it absolutley screams!! (think "winston cup car" with mufflers) To me, the exhaust note at idle sounds a little smoother, less burble than with an "H". I'm really pleased with mine, obviously.

·
Registered
338 Posts
"Mac FloPath" I have the complete system from heads to tail. Awsome. 2 chamber muffs said to outflow Flomaster and just a tad quieter. Complete system is aluminized coated and fit great. No mids needed.
Watch those early morning drives! The neighbors all wake-up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It's all about the 40 series (2 chamber) flowmasters. I've had them on my car for over two years now. First had them on muffler shop special 2" pipes (in other words, crushed to nothing over the axle) and factory manifolds. Just converted to hooker headers, 2 1/2" mandrel bent, re-used mufflers (shop expanded openings), and got two dual tips. It's actually quieter, and deeper sounding, but at WOT, it just sounds great. Loud, muscular, deep; cops can hear me for miles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts