Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hmmm, looks like rubber stripping mounting. Thought the rubber bumper stripping days were in the 70's. It should (as I remember) run from end to end. The indent is where the rubber sets in. The square holes are the bolt that lips into the rubber with a flat-rather large head on the bolt.

You can probally still get those from Macs or some place like that.... Do a Google search for the year/car and see if you see your bumper on those cars.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Not sure about fairlane..
But most cases. It's for the side bumper bracket that mounts to frame...

·
Registered
262 Posts
if you cant find the bracket, then just get a carriage bolt until you find one. that would bug me too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I'm gonna dig through the bucket of stuff that I have, maybe there in there. When I got the car off my brother it didn't have the motor, trans and other things because he was going to re due it so when I got it I had a big task, that was fine just didn't know what the side holes were

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Actually, it's just a strap of light gauge metal with two angles bent into it. You could easily make them from hardware store strap. They are about an inch wide and eight inches long.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so there are 2 straps in total for each side? Cause there is an inner one, so I take it the outer one is to align the bumper...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts