Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing the final hookups before I turn this baby on, can anyone tell me what these are and where they go?
Btw its an 88 5.0 fuel injected, cobra intake, A/C delete, no heater core, MSD coil...

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Not sure of the first one either, Hard to see in pic.

2nd one goes to somthing for the A/C probably, if you or someone deleted it. Is it coming from the firewall?

Jet

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
They are vacuum tubes (for vacuum signals). FORD went to nylon tubing over rubber in the eighties.

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
The bottom pic, Mr. official Non Troll :) :) is the vacuum signal that feeds your Cabin vacuum, or the Pot/can for the vacum directed by the heater control switches and it plugs into manifold vacuum in your upper intake.

That top wire looks like a fiber optic end that goes to some funky headlight systems I used to see, but it's likely something else because I can't really focus on it...

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
the first pic looks like the wire that goes to the oil psi sending unit down on the drivers side of the block just in front of the oil filter

the second pic look like it goes to one of the emmision selenoids just behind the passenger side strut tower

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
the first pic looks like the wire that goes to the oil psi sending unit down on the drivers side of the block just in front of the oil filter

the second pic look like it goes to one of the emmision selenoids just behind the passenger side strut tower
BINGO!!! :tup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts