Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
factory stock motor to get better performance. I have a 94 thunderbird v8 and I want it to go faster! I've been searching for after market goodies for my car and can't find anything. Its all about Mustangs it seems. I guess I want to look into exhaust and computer controll chips, fuel injectors and ignition systems. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
237 Posts
i would think that most of the parts you mentioned that you want to upgrade are the same between a mustang and thunderbird, except maybe the headers. you could always supercharge it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've read that the 4.6 GT 4 valve heads / intake make a good mod. You would probably have to watch the compression closely though. I'd say supercharge it.

Dan

·
Registered
242 Posts
You can take advantage of most any mod that a Mustang gets. A head/intake swap would be a good start, 99 and up 4.6 Mustangs had bigger ports that flowed better. the intake is also something to look at, however you might have to do some modification to make it work in the tbird. the throttle body is in a different location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts