Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What carburetor should I use? I'm planning on putting a Paxton supercharger on my 82GT but not sure on the carb. I have a 302 .060 over, Trick flow heads, RPM Air Gap, BBK 1 5/8 shortes, Flow masters, stock cam. This carb needs to be set up for the supercharger so it works properly. I'm lost in this. Please Help!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I haven't done this yet so I'm going by all the asking questions of the blower guys at the track and whats in my car modifying books. This would be a blow through application? It depends how much you are going to blow but I would say something between a 750 and 850 for a small block. You will need to have the choke horn removed if you get a carb that has one. You may or may not have to remove the power valve and you may or may not have to modify the air bleeds. The power valve can be vacuum referenced if you are up on custom carb mods. If its just going to run down the track removing the power valve if you have to and jetting it up is easier. You would want solid floats for sure and you want a carb that has adjustable bleeds to be safe. Depending on the model carb the air bleeds may be ok or they may not. Its not worth taking a chance with non-adjustable ones in my book.

This puts you up in the arena of the Holley HP's and Race Demons I think. You could also get a 4779 and send it off to be modified for a blower application by somebody that knows how to set up a blower carb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts