Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I agree with FE. Its a darker silver of some kind. Probably a late model color from newer cars... (dont ask, have no clue as which year/what mfg)

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
my 72 Machl was that color . Ford called it Pewter.

know what pewter is made from ?

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Reminds me of a story about paint colors. Years ago I needed a metal box painted and my buddy owned an automotive paint supply business and painted cars on the side. When he asked me what color I wanted it I said "Just your basic white". He just laughed. I had no idea how many shades of "basic white" there were until then. :eek: It's fine picking a color off of a photo but trying to match it - that's another story.

Keep it simple is my opinion. The guy that owned my Falcon before me decided to paint it but for whatever reason decided not to go with Ford's Wimbelton White but some obscure 80's BMW color that's nearly identical. Of I didn't realize it until I tried to touch up some spots using the Ford Dupli-color white. It looks okay from a few feet away but I have to wonder why someone would do that. Think about the future and if you ever needed to match it. My reasons for going with factory colors unless you're a painter and can match it later.

Have fun!

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts