Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,,
On another forum I'm a part of there is a thread called..
What did you do with your Challenger today..
Its gone on for quite some time.
And is really interesting to see what other members do with their cars.. I'LL start..

Today she got all new exhaust.. 2 1/2 inch with Cherry Bomb mufflers. Sounds so much better.. Not real loud, and a nice deeper mellow tone..
And a much needed bath.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just finished installing my rebuilt engine & rebuilt C6 back in my 66 Gal 7 Litre. I also installed new exhaust front to rear with a pair of glass packs. Did new brakes all around, new booster & MC from 67 Gal. new gas tank, and installed a front end rebuild kit. So mechanically it's pretty much new now. Next step is body work.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that looks great! How's about some more pics ..but of the outside..
Youve done way more than i have..
Although i also put my new power assist and matster cylinder combo from summit just last weekend.. what a difference!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
The car is totally original and has been off the road for 30 years so it needs lots of TLC. As you can see the body looks like s*#t. Not sure if I want to tackle that by myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does seem you've your work cut out for you..
Really i think it depends on just how far you want to go.
Or what's your plans for using the car?
Would make a mean looking road warrior vibe..

·
Registered
86 Posts
I rebuilt the rear drums after a spring broke. Everytime I rebuild a drum I tell myself it’s the last time. Especially when it’s basically a time capsule like these were. Jeez I hate drum brakes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
67 Gal, yes I'm more & more just thinking about leaving it looking nasty and mean. Way to much work for a show car. I'm just happy it's road worthy again after 30 years of sitting in a barn. The mechanical s are now 90% new and the frame is totally solid so I'm thinking of just driving it as is (summers only) and not having to worry about paint scratches or minor road rash, just a fun car to play with. Might not even replace the 7 Litre emblems and watch the look on the innocent bystanders when I pop the hood.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Added more cooling accessories
A fan and adjustable temperature relay.
Still on the to do list
1. Reassemble Parking Brake (she tends to roll with 5 speed)
2. Recushion and reupholster Seats
3. Replace drivers fender.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well, after a long winter, followed by ...well, ummm.... more winter, my wife and I attended car shows back to back yesterday and today. It was also a nice couple of shake-down runs to see how the new CVF 6.2" water pump pulley worked out. Not quite warm enough outside for any definitive results, but so far so good !

Saturday:

IMG_20190525_100946098_HDR by 1964 Galaxie 500, on Flickr

Sunday:

IMG_20190526_134358167_HDR by 1964 Galaxie 500, on Flickr

Thanks for starting this thread ! Norm

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's great to see others enjoy their Galaxies.. Those are some awesome pix you share ,thank you.

Keep it rolling everyone!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
7 Litre your project reminds me of one of mine. The only thing that got me through was I kept thinking I could eat a horse given enough time. Well I ate that horse, it only took 7 years. Good luck!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Show cars are nice.. To look at..
But how many really enjoy them?

Idk maybe its just me.. But I drive the wheels off mine.. Good to see you put miles on yours.. Like it seems most of those here do.
I’m weird with shows. I usually only go to shows if they have a swap meet. And then I take my truck in case I buy something big. I’ve never actually taken a classic car to a classic car show.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dang thats good looking!! Great stance too.

I honestly do very few shows myself.
My car (though nice to look at) up close is not anything close to a "show car"
Its driven. Alot.

Id say the only show i hit every year is GoodGuys in Columbus . Its always a great time. And its only an hour or so away from me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yeah,, I changed my plugs today. Tightened up the exhaust where it had come loose from the manifold. And reset my timing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Last night taking a little Cruise all fat dumb and happy, And blew the pressure hose to my P/S pump barely made it home so as soon I got home from work this morning took the old hose down the hose guy and having a steel braided Teflon hose built, got to love local guys still doing this stuff

1 - 20 of 68 Posts