Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Worked on wheels today. Got a pair of vintage Cragar G/Ts (in 15x6 no less). I'm going to clean them up and mount some skinnys up front to go with my wide steelies in the back. Wheels were $free.00, so I figured I'd try this for giggles. Always loved the old school drag look.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My66 for sure man.
My brother makes all the high pressure hose we use..

Thunk..
Pist some pix when your done.
Love the old school drag look too

·
Registered
9 Posts
I drove my 67 convertible Galaxie to the grocery store, as I always do.

427 Shelby aluminum block, Bear Motors heads (both a minimum requirement for grocery runs), Scat crank and rods, stroked to 482ci, all cast iron removed from the front of the car, aluminum and steel, C6 with 5 and 6 plates (instead of 3x3 or 4x4), 1/2" wider bands, Gear Vendors gear splitter for a 6 speed (4 really), routine stuff like methanol injection, control of timing with a knob on the dash, transmission cooler, modern disc brakes on the front, etc. Can't improve on the late 60's Galaxie front or rear end.

Over 300,000 miles in 427 Medium Riser 7-Liter Galaxies, usually the two four barrel Medium Riser setup with the Cobrajet crank and racing gas in a separate fuel system. Oh yeah I do. Why on earth would I drive anything else to Publix or anywhere else?

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is thee Porsche Crusher. Put over 200,000 miles in this 7-Liter 427 Galaxie, all original Medium Riser, two four barrel stuff and a racing gas fuel system in the trunk. You can get around the pinging now, but it had to be racing gas then. Anyone can just walk in and buy a fast car now, but not then. The lounge lizards on the Great American Superslab never knew what hit' em. Undefeated. A golden era.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I gave my wheels a good wipe down and treated the rubber to make them deep black,, not an oily look..
Then cruze to the gym..

·
Registered
26 Posts
installed the final details to the engine bay

Attachments

21 - 40 of 68 Posts