Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
My66.. I'm envious I've nowhere to do anybody work to my car..

Today I installed my passenger side sail panel. As th 67 headliner DOESN'T go all the way to the package tray..
I recovered it in a nice black vinyl that I purchased from a store like a Jo-Ann Fabrics didn't turn out too shabby I should have snapped a couple of pictures.
Then drove her out to watch a friend of mine daughter play softball was a gorgeous day for a ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Took a 10 hour cruze with my brother and the guys.. hit a saloon with a speakeasy in the basement that Al Capone was said to have frequent many times hit a really cool Distillery, after that we are really fortunate to meet some seriously cool fellows with gas stations setup and mega size man caves.

Made it stop at the osr Reformatory took a tour that was really cool we're going to end up tonight at a place in town called the Caddyshack which is a virtual golf bar slash practice facility,,for my brothers 50 birthday party..
It was an awesome day.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
My 66. Nice work..
Im following your stuff here..

McPherson.. Very cool ride..
Nice bling..have a trophy room do ya??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Took my 67 out to a show,,
Had THE good fortune to meet some nice people and make some new friends.
Also had another 67 owner ask if i needed any trim parts,, so in that respect I also made some new Galaxie contacts.

Also got some new personal touches added to her today as well.
It was gorgeous weather and the show was the largest turn- out ever for our town.

All in all it was a great day to be alive.
Bonus to be a car guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Took the Galaxie to cars and coffee. Absolutely huge turnout and there was also a gorgeous 59 Galaxie there as well. Later in the afternoon took a long country drive and then came home and smoked ribs.....perfect day!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’ve been working on completely rebuilding my 64s suspension the last few weeks.

All new bushings, ball joints, tie rods, seals, bearings, wilwood brakes, offset shaft delete, and an oversized addco sway bar in the front. And in the rear, new springs, bushings, insulators, seals, bearings, completely rebuilt diff gear with new posi unit, and wilwood brakes.

Also, everything that was taken out and apart, has been stripped and powder coated.

Hopefully this will stabilize the ride in this old girl some.

BC

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
not exact by any means, but cornering puts weight on the outside wheelmaking it plant on the road. when a big anti sway bar is added, the bar makes the inside tire lift because it has to do what the outside tire is doing. basically you now have only one tire on the road. less traction, more under steer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Forgive me if this is a dumb question....

How would a big sway bar make the car push??
Please ignore the previous reply to your question.

In short... it won’t.

A bigger sway bar makes the 2 tires work together more, not less. For instance, if you corner the car hard, the entire nose stays down instead of massive amounts of body roll, which will eventually pick up a tire, or at least, make a tire ride on its edge.

The reason people put larger than stock anti-sway bars on car... is because they work.

BC

Attachments

41 - 60 of 68 Posts