Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am cleaning up a set of 4v Cleveland heads and am wondering what to do with the intake valve guides. Do you just taper them? Do you shorten them also, if so how much? These heads will be about 95% strip. I plan on using a decent solid cam, over .600" lift. If any one has any pictures, I would like to see. Thanks, Matt.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ive never ported a set of Clevland heads, but on both sets of windors I ported I reducd total hight by 1/4", then laid the leading edge back 45 degrees. I also shaped the rear of the guide into a airfoil. I closely followed the porting artice on this site. I dont know how much is transferrable to clev. heads, but im sure you figure it out. just look at the stock design and think about what would flow more/smooth out more air as it enters the bowl and then the chamber.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I narrowed the guide and put a full radius on the ends. I also cut most of the bronze insert away and the end of the guide. It was protruding down about .100" beyond the iron. Now the iron and bronze blend together with a full radius. Does this make since?
I also had this same question about a month ago. I got most of my info from M&M forum. Look in the archives. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts