Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on going to the track soon, just wondering what the Ricers usally do for the 1/4. Is there a lot of them, or any other exotics? In So. Cali?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't know, but at Englishtown in Jersey they have "American muscle vs. hi-tech import" night a couple of time a year. Thinkin about giving it a go, (never raced before)just to shut up my ricer bro who thinks an eclipse with an exaust system can beat a viper. Would like to show him even a little ass V8 can beat a 150 hp 4cyl thats half the weight.
Only thing that would suck is, if I lose to a ricemobile I'll hear about it for the rest of my damn life.
What do you think?

·
Programmer
856 Posts
When I go, stock ones (just muffler tips, lowered, wings, etc) run 18's. Ones with turbo's usually run 12's..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got a import specialty catalog from Summit today...you want a real laugh take a look at the prices they get for those Erector set spoilers...$549.00!...then take a peek at what these guys will spend on a Fart Cannon exhast kit! These kids obviously have money to burn...and Sunmmit has tapped into the goldmine...Capitalism at its' finest!

·
Registered
29 Posts
in my "ricerocket" i run 16's
i have no mods done for looks, just intake,exhaust, short throw shifter, and fuel pressure regulator. i just won an intake manifold over the weekend. i should be running 15's but i dont ever get to practice because they'd rather have me work

im trying to get it into the 14's by the end of the summer, but we'll see.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As was said prior watch out for the turbo Eclipses and Eagle Talon Tsi's. They produce substatially more HP and torque then their non-turbo counter parts especially in stock form. I have a 92 eclipse non-turbo 1.8L that takes half the power to run the A/C. But a 90 Talon Tsi that is very quick. Also some of these are all wheel drive so traction is not an issue.
No I am not a ricer as these cars are in stock form and only used for my job as a field tech, I hate ricers and was almost taken out by another meathead in a Civic that thinks (Gas and swerve before brake and slow down)yesterday.I am Building the 68 Stang for real power.....Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts