Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on going to the track soon, just wondering what the Ricers usally do for the 1/4. Is there a lot of them, or any other exotics? In So. Cali?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Stupid people and their Rice, its only good for cooking. I hear from a few friends I have that there is an excess of Rice fields in so cal. A guy I know has a 300ZZ Twin Turbo, talks trash about Muscle all the time, and is just an overall idiot, he claims to have 400 HP, at the wheels, with a baby V6, Turbo, and a few other things. Of course, I told him thats a joke, he dindt believe me, went to the track and ran a 14.3. I havent laughed that hard in a while. He left the numbers in shoepolish on his car too! I've seen Uncle Ben run as low as a 12, but usually around 15+.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, thats the truth about an abundance of those annoying ricers around here. It seems like every Civic (and belive me on my 2 mile drive to work i see like 20!) with a muffler and maybe 150 FHP wants to race. Gets OLD QUICK! Fun stomping them, dont get me wrong, but just a waste of gas after a while.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ricers have one advantage, the short block will handle alot of hp in a stock config, that does not mean that they HAVE alot of hp in a stock config.. They need alot of money to make'm hit 10's...

·
Registered
237 Posts
i figure in socal your gonna come up against some of the fastest ones in the country. they run anywhere from 20's down to 9's, but youll know the cars in the 9-12 second range cause they usually are completely gutted and have one seat and all the mods you can possibly think of. on the streets your probably run into 13s and slower ones, usually slower that 15s with the civics and other budget models. funny thing is, for about 1/4 the price you can get a muscle car into the 10s and it still will be streetable.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Around here when i raced them in my 73 F100 300 I6 and a 2V 4spd OD, they ran about 16's or so, i have beaten a bunch in that truck, but i would have to challange them, Usualy i would roll down the window, get their attention and scream "You actualy race that piece of ****?", it get's them every time. It only backfired on me once, I met up with some guy in a Saab 16V Turbo, after he handed my ass to me we caught up down the street and he showed me a bunch of 12.4x slips. This guy was not the typical ricer, he was smart and knew engines upside down backwards and forwards, (unfortunatly brand X) he said he put the shitty ground efects on so he could win money street racing, i don'doubt that he did. Anybody that can make a Saab thar weighs +/- 2 ton run 12.X is a good **** in my book. and all with a well worked over 4 banger. Although he said his engines rarley last more than 7-10K miles. When you get down to it he is making a 2L engine that is probably pushing 450-475 HP at the flywheel, and he says he did all of the work himself.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, yes there is a lot of fast ricers here. Probably the fastest in the nation. I know friends (2) that have SI Civics, they run low 15's stock. And he put an exhaust, carbon fiber hood and trunk lid on it. He also put some headers and an intake on it. So i think he runs 14's or so. So ya, i know i have some tough competion around here

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Sooorry, I have to agree with drag79stang , who cares ?
They will never know how great ( or american ) it feels to drive a muscle car. I cannot remember who posted this about 3-6 months ago (way to much pot in high school) but i loved it. This person stated that this is just a FAD just like mini-trucks were.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was planning to take a trip to the carlsbad track. And probably in June, i have to swap cams, heads, and my 4.11's still, what to try to hit it up the same day? ill keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Andysam , If you like ,give me a call and i'll meet you there when you go.I also have some stang friends that would go also. One of the mustang clubs i'm in went to L.A.C.R. Palmdale one week ago as a club event.What city are you in ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im in Bellflower, its right by Lakewood. Ya, i would like to meet up. It will be my first time at the track, and could probably use some tips/ help tuning. How many runs can you usally get in, in one day? Ill be sure to stay in touch

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
At palmdale (LACR) on a friday night 5-10pm but more like 5-7 u can get 10 or more !

One of my friends works at Mustang Co. The club gets 10% plus off there.Sad but i'm at Mustang co. to often. E-mail me if you like to get my ph.#

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RumpityRump what is the best ET you have? And paledale is 1/4 right? How much is it to run?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I herd there doing late nite drag racing in hawthorne on fri nite. rumpity dont you drive a 12 sec pinto or somthing? Oh yea I herd van halen played at the last illegal drag event

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where in hawthore? At a real drag strip? I know of a place on Wed. that runs illegals too, but its on the streets. Mostly ricers&5.0 mustangs though.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Do you remember those commercials on TV that show a egg dropped in a frying pan and breaking open and then cooking ??? WELL ....thats IAPEXL8R , He did Wayyyy to much of that stuff in high school and did not know how to JUST SAY NO ! However him and i did go down a simi-long time ago to Palmdale drags and he did kick as* on his first time there and TROPHYED
Watch this guy, he is OK but from a distance, trust me i know,he is a neighbor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.