Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of jobs do you have? Or do you go to school?

I just finished high school, now I stay home and babysit my little sister all day. I'll do that until graduation, then after that I'm shipping off for the Army.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I graduated from College in November and I work for a company programming ecommerce, ebusiness, general web based databases and backend components.

I work here because our recession and 9-11-01 caused quite a bit of my clients to pull out of opening up any further contracts with my business that I had.

Even though I am bitter about the whole event, I guess I should consider myself lucky to be gainfully employed in such a tight job market.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
I'm a banker for a smallish agriculture-based bank. It's a good job with perks and I have a nice boss. I'm a lucky punk.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wait tables at a local Chili's when I'm not Knee deep in homework at ASU.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I started a business 15 mounths ago installing systems furniture. I'm back to me and my business partner and 1 employee. The recesion slowed things down for me also. I have picked up a couple of big clients this year. When things get back to normal I'm going to be up to my neck in work.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I'm a small business owner. I mostly work out of the house or do onsite stuff. Networks, new computer system sales, upgrades, repairs, ect. I also do a little AutoCAD work, but not much. And, to top it off I'm on call at the local area radio stations as their computer tech in case something happens and there's an off air emergency. My area has been really slow for the last 6 or 8 months so I also sell stuff on ebay and install audio systems at a friends shop on occasion. It's really nice to be able to stay home all the time but I wish the money situation would pick up.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I work full time, self employeed at a job I absolutely hate!!!!!! Today was like the worst work day ever, I LMAO when I saw this post!!!!!
This site ALWAYS cheers me up!!!I am on a mission from today forward to get a new job..............thanks for always making me smile guys and grrrls. D.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am an Electrical Engineer and I design high-end muiltiprocesser computer servers.

You know the kind that power this whole Internet thing.

Dale302

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I go to a local community collage right now. Not sure what my major is. I'll transfer over to the UofO or OSU.

Work part time at night as a loader for Pepsi. I get to blast around the wharehouse on a forklift, and drive big trucks

In between that, I work on my car, friends cars, and of course party a bit

·
Registered
261 Posts
Union Carpenter, run work for a small company called Hayes Contractors that employ's around 60 men. Right now I am building a 4 story library at Shepherd College in Shepherdstown, WVA. Also am President of our local union and teach apprenticeship class on Teusday and Thursdays from 6-10PM. Then with all this spare time I have...
I manage to work on my Galaxie and post messages at Fordmuscle.com...

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I go to school at Oregon Institute of Technology, and mostly homework takes most fo my time. I need to find a job, quick. Besides that I am currently involved with the school's SAE Formula car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im an electrician for a small company, we mainley do residental work.. Here where I live Desoto County is one of the fastest growing county's in the US so there is plenty of work. I went to school and got my Airframes and Powerplants licence but ended up pulling wire... Guess it was ment to be considering every male in my family and wifes family is an electrican.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Manage a distribution center, 300 employees we service 75 stores, wish people would buy groceries mon thru fri

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm an electronic technician for a company that does recording. I used to just repair reel decks other audio equipment, but now we are doing alot of digital recording, so I'm working much more with computers. I'm actually testing for my A+ next week. I want to get a job with computers that hopefully pays a little more. I've wasted 4 years there. Theres no room for advancement and the pay sucks. I'm going nowhere. I gotta get out now. I swear as soon as I get my A+, I'm gone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bodyman / painter ,work in a collision repair shop. Been doing this for 27 yrs. I hate those new **** boxes! Do custom car and motorcycle paint work at home. Doesn't leave much time for my toys. JIM

1 - 20 of 51 Posts