Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the process of putting together a 302 for a 88 mustang, it is the motor that came in the car, it only has 40000 miles on it, I am putting AFR 185 heads with edelbrock performer rpm manifold, cam, MAF conversion, 70mm throttle body and the 24 lbs injectors. Car already has headers and exhaust.

·
Registered
991 Posts
those injectors are fine, buddys got a 93 with 19's and makes 298

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Get a set of 3:73 gears. That will help that car out alot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
already have the 3:73 gears, didn't mention it because I never thought that it would be relivant

·
Registered
343 Posts
Big question, what are the specs on the new cam? I can't speculate on the power it will produce nearly as well as the more experiences guys around here, but I just though it odd that people were giving HP figures not even knowing the specs when your post said you were changing cams.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea it is a comp cams cam, I forget the number but it is a hydraulic roller, made for this combination, the guy at comp made it real easy, I told him what I wanted, and he gave me like 5 options from mild to wild for everything I was putting on, wieght of the car, and transmission/rear gears. I went relatively wild, rough idle etc. So i am pretty excited. I have a guy putting it together, he has done it before with 185(I am pretty sure you can fly cut them anyway), and is going to check the clearance when he assembles it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts