Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got to pondering this weekend *always a bad thing when jason ponders
anyway...
thought about this... i can get a hold of a 80's lincoln with efi'd 5.0 for 500bux... i can get a hold of afr 165's for approx 1k..... i can call up gear vendors and get their overdrive unit for a c4 for i believe price is at 1500 now? so thats.. uh... 3000. now might as well do a nice mild rebuild of said 5.0... lets say another 1500..... for approx 4500? i could put a 350hp efi'd motor in my maverick and with the addition of the gearvendors i could have a six speed? what do you think of this?

i'm debating driving the maverick right now the way it is (shitty and all) while i/shop rebuilds said motor.. then when its done, swap it all into the maverick then have a decently nice ride? whats the opinions from my bros at fordmuscle?
thanks

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ooooh come on... 28 views.... i know somebody besides chilly has an opinion on this.... let me have it! good or bad i'm open!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Dude, there's a 71 maverick 2 door in town for 2K. 302 auto and this car is SLICK!! Guy wants 2K and I'm sure it could be had for less. Be careful about throwing good money after bad. Figure out what you REALLY want. Then save, scrape, beg, borrow and whatever else you have to do to make it happen. My impression is you're having a hard time making up your mind. Anything you spend before it happens could just be money down the drain.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do ya think if i just got the lincoln to have for "spare parts/learning" purposes... by this i mean.... maybe i would follow this plan except i would keep the car carbuerated and i could learn fuelie for a later time???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts