Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone using for their blown or stroked Windsor? How do you like them? What don't you like about them. How low do hang.

I'm looking for options. I'm looking for something that'll support about 500fwhp. The car will be street driven 99% of the time so I'll gladly give up HP for ground clearance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I run the hooker super comp 6208-1 they hang just a little bit. like all full length tubes. 1 3/4 primes 3" coll. they are a 4 peice header set each side has a tube that is a slip fit. they are designed for 65-70 351W swap. nice and tight fit good flow ou tthte box. so far the best over the counter production set of headers ive found.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the positive input. Those were my first choice but didn't know if there were any else.

Please explain "Slip fit 4 piece". Does this mean the primaries are separate and after they're mounted you slip on the collector? Do they need to be welded?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
the header tube for cyl. 1 is separate from the rest of the pass. header, it slips into the #1 tube on the header before or during the install process of the header. Same deal with the driver's side header except it is #7 tube that is a slip fit. I'm in the middle of putting these things into my granada and hope to have them put in properly this weekend. (you all know that I've been modifying, adapting, and hopefully overcoming the install of these headers on my car, getting pumped for the weekend)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts