Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey maybe you guys can help me out with this. I've got a 351W bored +.030 with stock type flat top pistons an edelbrock performer cam and intake.This sits infront of a C-4 tranny with a TCI streetfighter convertor and its in my 73 cougar.Now the question is which heads,I've been thinking about the AFR 185s,and AFR told me there will be no trouble with valve to piston clearance. What do you guys think? I want heads that I can use if I go with a bigger cam or stroker kit.

Any help is definetly appreciated,I want the price to remain below 1400 dollars.

·
Programmer
856 Posts
I just ordered them. The AFR 185/58cc.. Roughly 1300$ with tax and all, but i've been told they are pretty dang good heads...

Chris

[havent gotten them yet, it takes about 3 weeks to make them]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the replies and I had heard that the AFR heads work great.(time will tell I guess). Where can I pick up the clay or putty used to check for the piston/valve clearance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks chilly460 I'll remember that just incase I get hungry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbaney on 4/18/02 12:27am ]</font>

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEY what does everybody think about the edelbrock performer rpm heads in comparison to the AFR 185s. Summit said the edelbrock and trickflow will make more power.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ever notice that Summit sells edelbrock and trick flow...and they dont sell AFR? Thats why they say they will make more power. Thats what i think because ive asked them before and they have never reccomended a product they dont sell...over a product they do. Its just business sense to them. Get the AFR's they are a way better head! Good Luck, Ryan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what I kinda thought myself but was curious about anybody elses experiences.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts