Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to put our 64 falcon back on the track. right now I have a 83 ? mustang manifold on it from a HO motor. with a 735 vac sec. it is a mild 302 with 351w (69) heads ported 1.90,1.60 vales in it. auto trans with a C4 2000 stall and 4.67 gears. what would be a good intake for this combo it ET's at 14.97

Alan

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
With 4.67 gears, go with the Victor Jr or Stealth. You won't be able to take advantage of good low end torque with those gears s help out the top end with the Victor Jr. Once it launches, it's going to rev quick and stay in the upper RPMs so it will still launch good with the small cam and Victor Jr. That '83 alum 4V intake has ports half the size of a stock 351 Windsor intake port. If concerned with needing more torque in the first 30ft, get the Stealth or RPM Air Gap.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It would really be hard to go wrong if you chose an Edelbrock RPM Performer intake. They make great low and midrange torque and will still pull hard to almost 6500 RPM. It'll work good for you now but will still be good if you upgrade your motor some later.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Even though the Weiand says that the Stealth is good until 6800 rpm, I've had mine past 7000 rpm and was still pulling. Been real happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts