Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few shots of the projects that I am working on.

The first is a '55 F-100 pickup chassis. It has a Mustang II air ride front end with an air ride rear end. The rear of the chassis was cut off and I added some 2" x 4" x .120" wall frame rails. I have the rails bent locally by a shop that does large industrial fabrication, and they sure come out nice. The rear suspension is a three link that I designed that incorporates the upper link into a wishbone and eliminates the need for a Panhard bar. I also mounted the lower portion of the shocks to the lower trailing arms to eliminate some bracketry. The rear end is a narrowed 9", and the tires are 31"- 18.50"-15" Hoosier Pro Street Radials.

The second is a '58 model brand X truck, but it has some cool ideas that can be applied to a Ford pickup.

The first is the use of an un-conventional engine. Instead of the common 350 SBC, this truck will be running a 348 out of a '58 Impala. The engine is equipped with the factory 3 deuce intake.

The truck will have a Rick's Hot Rods stainless steel gas tank, but I did not want the gas filler to protrude into the bed area, so I hinged the entire board above the filler neck. With the board hinged down, you cannot tell there is anything underneath.

The tires are an un-conventional size: 285-70-15, but they are a nice tall tire at 30". The short squatty look is something I do not like. On an 8 1/2" wheel, they look great. They look even better on a 10" wheel. The wheels are Minilites as the truck will have a late 60's early 70's vibe to it.

The small mini-tub that was needed because of the narrowed 9" Ford rear end was sectioned out of a later model brand X truck, and grafted into the bed sides. This same trick can be used on your Ford pickup as the fabricated wheel tubs available just don't have the factory look.

This is a brand "X" Engine, but any big block with an 8-71 blower deserves some attention. It is a 502 andit is going in a '68 Chevy pickup.

This is a '74 Bronco that is getting the full resto-mod treatment. It has the original "Mexican block" 302 with a C-4. It has a 4 1/2" lift with 32" x 10" x 17" tires and American Racing wheels. It has a PTO winch with a pre-runner style bumper.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F15Falcon on 6/12/06 2:09am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F15Falcon on 6/12/06 11:01am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F15Falcon on 6/12/06 11:04am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Very nice work! I like that idea behind the triangulated upper link. Whenever I first log onto FM the first thing I do is scan down the garage looking for posts started by you. I love your work.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Dang, you've been busy! Cant wait to see some of that stuff someday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts