Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a friend that just bought the performer package for his 289. First of all, he wont read this, so is it a good package? Secondly, is the intake any good? For some reason, I have been sent to find out what is a good intake for the motor?!? The heads have been ported, and why I wanna think 202 valves, I dont know. Give us some info

Thanks a lot,
Jeff Given

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmmmm, I'm running a weiand 8011 (dual plenum)on my 302 w/ 2.02 valves and some porting. From my car's performance, and what I gather from my reading here bigger valves mean power in higher rpm's at the expense of low end power. (my cougar felt like it had been neutered until I got it on the highway). Your friend might think of getting a open plenum manifold to max his upper end power. But my opinion is hardly as qualified as others on this forum. Just my .02$ Please any-one else have any thoughts? Corrections?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Im putting a Stealth on mine. Trickflows, Comp XE268, blah, blah, blah. I think (hope) I picked the best one for running around on the street. Would also go with Performer RPM, or the AirGap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts