Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simply, What is the single best book you have ever found on performance engine building ,And Why?????

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I've got three that I swear by.
1. Engine Blueprinting by Rick Voegelin. It take you through the basics of engine blueprinting. If your not familiar with machine work and using precision tools this will help a bunch.
2. John Lingenfelter's book on modifying the small block chevy. Don't laugh, this book has many tips that apply to the Ford engine.
3. The engine building manuals that Reher and Morrison produce. They are spendy, but again the information inside is worth the money in my opinion.
The first two, you can take a look at through your local Barnes and Noble book store. The Reher and Morrison manuals can be seen on their web site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 85Mike on 5/28/02 12:40am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Smokey Yunick's Power Secrets.

Lots of information.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are the specifics on the books you list Mike? I have over the years found no better book than Rich Voeglins " The Step By Step Guide To Engine Blueprinting" Great info and very real world helpful,for instance there is a tip on removing pipe plugs from engine blocks by getting them a dull red hot and quenching them with WD40 and that tip by it self is worth the price of the book.Two years ago, My brother and myself were trying to disassemble a 351 block and found that tip worked SO WELL that we were amased! and we are rather cynical old farts! And about that Chevy thing, there is almost nothing that is strictly a Chevy trick, hot rodding is HOT RODDING!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts