Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't browsed ebay in ages so was checking it out and found this listed as a '64 but i have never seen one that didn't have the screw on lid cookie jar type canister. Doesn't mean they don't exist but i don't believe this is for a '64 Gal. Any ideas what it IS for? This price isn't bad but some of his stuff for a '64 has killer prices that he might have for a long time. Has it really been that long since i last visited ebay? The prices have really gone up!!

1964 FORD GALAXIE CONVERTIBLE 2-DOOR USED BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER CORE ORIGINAL 64 | eBay

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
I see it is for the TWO-DOOR convertible..

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
KULTULZ originally posted-

I am an old fart and have never seen anything like that on a '64. Doesn't mean it isn't so as I learn something new everyday.
...sigh...

CRS is an advancing and disabling disease for old farts... :cry:

Please See Attached. I swear I have never seen one in real life though...

It (2nd photo) is a 1964 FORD Midland Booster Install.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Early in my illustrious career, I was a REFUELING TECHNICIAN (gas station jockey), and prided myself on knowing all fill locations, etc. of then cars.

It seems to me that with that retaining clip it was GM... :confused:

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
At one time that kind of master cylinder was all you could get aftermarket. You couldn't get the screw on lids. If I remember right it was the late 70's early 80's. Had a 63 Galaxie 4 door that I got out of LA from the original owner and it had a brake job done in about 77 and that's the kind of master cylinder it had.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
...hmpf...

Interesting...

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
"Unusual Ford Master Cylinders for $200. . ."

What is a Ford Galaxie/Mustang/Thunderbird power brake master cylinder, 4-wheel drums, 7/8" bore, used 1966 model year only on Galaxies, from 1/3/66?

I'll take Infectious Diseases for $500 Alex. :D

David

The oddball:

The Feebay pic:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
My Falcon had that Exact Master. My 64 Galaxie had it too.

The top holder not being screw on is standard for the early 65 Mustang as well.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
My Falcon had that Exact Master. My 64 Galaxie had it too.

The top holder not being screw on is standard for the early 65 Mustang as well.
...hmpf...

The plot sickens... er ...thickens...

Was I asleep during another Early FORD Episode? :confused:

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...hmpf...

The plot sickens... er ...thickens...

Was I asleep during another Early FORD Episode? :confused:
Only thing i had with something similar was an impala, never seen one on a '64 galaxie. Learn something everyday i guess huh?

Guess we were somewhere else or looking at something else.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Guess we were somewhere else or looking at something else.
:confused:

Quiet Young Lady!

We weren't supposed to discuss that night remember? Your reputation and all... ;)

·
Registered
5,337 Posts

Now I can't successfully choose between an EDIT or QUOTE ICON...

KULTULZ originally posted-

...sigh...

CRS is an advancing and disabling disease for old farts... :cry:

Please See Attached. I swear I have never seen one in real life though...

It (2nd photo) is a 1964 FORD Midland Booster Install.
(The attachment(s) are on the original post above)

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Hmmmm, seems that there are more than the 'none' you've ever seen and they're correct to boot.... I have pictures of OEM masters with that clamp style lid somewhere...

66 Mustang all original with clamped lid. Bought this car from the original owner for my sister several years ago.

There were more but the pics are gone....

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Hey - what's that '66 master doing on a '66? LOL. Yeah, at the parts store, we would stock a bunch of the crossover masters like this for each make. Anything built with a single res in the '60s could use the same masters with an occasional pushrod change if you kept the correct bore size. In-fact, they came with a little bag of brake line adapters for cross-fitting. Even in this day of less for more, many rebuilt MCs like this still come with the fitting adapters to fit a bazillion different car and truck models. Bottom-line though - it's a '66 version MC as I identified earlier, and would not be original on a '64 even though it will fit and work.

David

Your '66 pic blown and lightened:

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I can find no FORD P&A PN or ILL showing this MC. I did find it on DORMAN MC cataloging (66 BIRD) but it also shows no FORD No, only their stocking no.

At this point I am willing to accept it is an One-Fits-All Aftermarket Service Replacement.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
...guess i needed to find that magnifying glass thingy on the puter!

lol

There you go kissing and telling again. I thought we discussed that we would keep this between us?

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

There you go kissing and telling again. I thought we discussed that we would keep this between us?
I just love getting you to use the Quote button! lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts