Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Just like Mario said, it's called "paying the bills". The space used for this forum isn't a freebie, so that is why they ask for subscribers, and they use advertising...it's like the saying, "you have to pay, to play". But aside from the need to pay the bills, it's good sense to advertise products that your market may/will use...it actually is a service to all that use the forums in one way or another (to cover costs, or to advertise products many of us use/need/want).
Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Humphrey351 on 4/4/06 8:29pm ]</font>

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
To be honest, I hadn't even noticed until I saw this post. Pretty seamless as far as I'm concerned. If your screen resolution is below 1024x768, I can see how it could be a pain though. The actual text on the forum only takes up 2/3 of my screen as it is, even when the browser window is full screen. The other third was just wasted space.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Mario and others have the right idea and we thank you for your support of this change.

Over the next several days we'll be modifying the site slightly to accomodate the advertising panel on the far right of the screen. This of course can be simply looked at as matter of business, but we also prefer to look at it as further support of the hobby and the enthusiast.

The companies that advertise on FordMuscle are truly pioneers in an industry that is very deeply rooted in supporting printed media. These companies realize that today's customers are seeking out information on the web, making purchasing consideration via the internet, and therefore understand the need to be present. We also applaud them for choosing highly qualified and well maintained sites like FordMuscle. They realize that our readers are intelligent, informed, and here because of their passion for the hobby. (This is also why we took the stance we did last year to clean up the highly off-topic threads in the forums.)

We know that most of you will appreciate the advertisements from these high-quality companies. The ads have been present on the content portion of the site for quite some time. We ask that you simply consider these companies and their products whenever you have the opportunity to modify your Ford muscle car.

Thanks,
Chirag, Jon, Chris

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikelonis on 4/5/06 1:11am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
hadnt noticed it,and arent going to freakout over it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.