Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read Matt King's Editor's page in the new Car Craft (April 2002) called "It Takes All Kinds." He identifies different kinds of car guys (Detail Guy, The Racer, The Bench Racer, Mopar Man, MacGyver Clone, Trivia Buff, Joe Mechanic, Lawn Chair Man, Rice Boy, and Junkyard Dog).

Which kind are you? Can you add any others?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hot Rodder

1964 Comet 289 C4 daily driver
TFS TW, Weiand Stealth, Comp XE268, Rhodes lifters, TFS roller rockers, Carter 625 AFB, Hooker SuperComps
"These go to 11." -This is Spinal Tap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragman64 on 3/5/02 8:24am ]</font>

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well, lets see I am a Detail Guy, Bench Racer, Gear-head, Mechanic, Mr. Fix-it, and a few others. I hope to be a Racer when I'm done, I have a need for speed (and acceleration).

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I did not read the article but I will say "Joe detail guy mechanic"

"It is about the quality not the cost"

·
Registered
672 Posts
I haven't read it yet either, but I'd have to say, detail guy, racer, and maybe even a rice boy. The reason I say rice boy is because the audio/video system I have in my car, and it looks faster than it is.(until I build that big block sitting in my backyard)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I guess I've seen myself in just about all those. Guess I'm just either a carguy or a gearhead. Remember you can never own too many cars.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hmm, you got any pictures of your cars unibody?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
unibody,

What do you have? Unibody truck I presume. I lived in Tulsa for 7yrs until 3 yrs ago. I might know you but want to make sure.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
One quick trip around any of my cars and you would be leaning heavily toward "McGyver Clone". Lot's of self fabricated stuff going on.

Infact the guys at our local car club shop call me "Loony Larry" because they never know what to expect might show up next on the project front.

If I can't find exactly what I have in mind ... I'll make it ... it may take a while to "nail it", but things eventually pan out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My friends call me "supermario"
because a long time they saw me in my blue working-pants .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts