Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) to some degree.

I was wondering what little things you guys just have to do.

You know what I'm talking about.

Those little habits.

I'll start:

1) When in the car I am always pulling the floormat in the driver's seat back.

2) I always make sure my cigarette lighter in the car is turned the right way.

3) I am always making sure the printing on the oil filter cap is aligned with the valve cover.

4) When drinking a soda, the label has to be facing out.

5) When I wash one of my cars I take the wheels off so I can clean the backside of them and the suspension parts.

I know, I'm a bit strange.

I've probably got more, but thats enough for now.

I'm sure someone out there has some good ones.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have to have the radio on when I sleep. I always turn it on before I go to bed, I can't sleep without it.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I also like to have the "white noise" going on when I sleep.

I have a small fan in the winter that is there just for the slight noise it makes.

In the summer I love my window air conditioner!

I just had a new furnace put in my house last year and the guy putting it in asked why I didnt get central air too?

I told him its too quiet,and I like the fact that I can direct the cool air just into the room I sleep in at night.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wow, JohnnyRay, I thought I was bad. Anyway just alot of little things. For instance, I cannot just leave a dish in the sink. I have to wash it immediately, everytime a glass or dish is put in the sink I have to wash it right away, dry it, and then put it away.

Every night before bed I check at least twice that every light is off, every door is locked and that nothing else is on.

And alot of little things that I always seem to do in a certain order, the way I get ready for work in the morning, that kind of thing. My wife's always laughing at me.
Oh well, it's good to know I'm not alone.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I have a phobia about my bicycle being stolen. No kidding! I worry over it constantly when it's not locked up!! Goes back to when I was 6 and my dad bought me a new schwinn stingray and it was stolen 3 days later. Oh and all my bikes MUST be blue! Even my motorcycle!!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Hello. (stands up)......My name is Steve............My compulsive disorder is I"m addicted to eBay..........and if I"m not doing that, I'm spending EVERY last penny that's not spent on something else......ON MY CAR!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi, My name is Gary, And i am a fordaholic. It started off slowly, 1 or 2 trucks a month, then i was up to 2 or 3 a week. the point of hitting rock bottom, i bought 3 in one day. I am in recovery, i havent bought a vehicle in 3 weeks, i hope one comes up soon. that and I have some facination with putting rediculsy large engines in anything i own.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
First thing I do when I wake up is turn on the puter, go get a coffee and have a smoke, then check my e-mail, then the forum.

I pull the floormat back everytime too, re-adjust the mirrors, even if they are in the same spot.
My seatbelts have to placed nicely when I'm not in it, even the back seat belts. I have red 3 in. racing belts in the front and stock ones in the back of the Fairlane and have to be perfect and correct length with each other.

My wife on the other hand, holy ****, thats compulsive disorder to the extreme.

Rick

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'm a fix it and fk with it guy. If its broke I gotta fix it. If it don't work the way I want it to, I fk with it until its right or broke. Then I fix it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Greg Cook puts a bead of ketchup on each Fry before eating one, That is totally bizarre:D I like to complain about work, even if I want to do it. I must have my work truck in order before the day is over, a lot of guys just throw the equipment back on the truck and go. I need to organize and clean before I can leave to go home otherwise it bugs the **** out of me.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i can't realy think of any OCD i have at home....
well i'm always moving... like twitching my leg or something..

but i got some OCD at work... my milk truck has to be exactly the way i like it... and if i dont have my truck (#99) and i have to take another... i will go through the truck to the point where it is as much like 99 as possible.
jason:eek:

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
When I eat breakfast its almost always 1 Nutri-grain Waffle with Syrup on it, I won't eat it until the syrup soaks through. I arrange my records and CDs in alphabetical order, or if I don't feel like doing that I won't put them back. Add I hate it when someone leaves manuals in gear instead of using the parking break.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I don't have too many odd habits (at least I don't think so...
), but I do have a few.

1) I always make sure all of the money in my wallet is facing the same direction, and is right side-up. I also organize it with the biggest bills in back, and the smallest in front. If I'm in a hurry and have to cram the cash in there, I take it back out and organize it at my earliest convenience.

2) I always check to make sure my keys and wallet are still in my pockets.

3) Every night I take the change out of my wallet and put it in a jar (I hate having change).

4) When I'm the passenger in a car, I almost always have my left leg tucked in towards me and my right extended, even if there is nothing in front of my legs.

Ok, maybe I have more habits than I thought... That's enough for now though.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Damn, I do all of those too except for the leg thing. Also can't stand putting change right into wallet, I just shove it in my pocket and organize them later

·
Registered
169 Posts
I do the key and wallet thing too. I'm always smacking my pockets

I have to have my CD's facing up, I hate trying to read a crooked CD...

I work as a Paramedic, I have to have my Monitor, Drug box and Airway kit all set up a certain way or I freak. Just ask my partner how I am when I get to the station in the morning after the night crew has left the truck a mess...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I read restomods post and I do all 4. Damn it I'm a bigger freak than I thought. I also scratch my head or my feet when I excited. I usually blame it on the blood rush but I think i'm just a freak.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I had no idea my habits were shared by that many others - I feel like I'm starting a 12-step group!
Certainly makes me feel a little less odd though.

-Brian

1 - 20 of 62 Posts