Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ford Racing crate 302 with the water pump that they reccommended. It is a v belt pump with the outlet on the driver's side. The lower outlet on my radiator is on the passenger side. Is this my only choice? LATE 5.0L LOWER RADIATOR HOSE 1964-1973 | CJ Pony Parts I would rather have a hose. I know I am not the only one who has run into this problem. What did you use?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
For 28 bucks i had the bottom rad outlet moved to the dr.side, took rad shop all of a 1/2hr to do it & then i toook a piece of flexible aluminum tube, i think it was an old clothes dryer hose, bent to roughly the shape, to my local garage & got a rad hose to fit.

·
Registered
10,461 Posts
+1. Rad shops can move outlets in their sleep. $20-40 is typical. Then use the factory-style 1970+ lower hose for your car model to match the new pump. :tup:

David

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Same problem once upon a time. Before I changed the radiator I used two pieces of hose with a piece of exhaust tubing in the middle as a crossover. Added about a half gallon of coolant to my system, LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.