Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we have so much to chose from, and since we are all so passionate about this hobby, we can be passionate about some of the bozos on these shows that really have no business being there.
I for one am going to attack the show that has a large fan base just because of what they do. That show is "Overhaulin'". It's just so corny. I LOVE what they do, but the silly jokes and the silly broad they have on there for the eye candy factor has got to go!!! It appeals to the lowest common denomonater in society, that show does. "UGH/Grunt" pretty girl, loud stereos...UGH.
In the spirit of this topic though, my favorite and most respected show on cable/sat TV is "Rides". They have the same passion and drive for car restos but it is a serious presentation about what is being done, and not ONE silly girl in tight jeans just to "spruce it up". No, this is a show that gives proper credence to our hobby. I don't even mind Jason Priestly being the commentator, even though he sucked on every show he's acted in. Fact is, he is a serious car guy to that races a bit on the side.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I'm not sure which would be my favourite but I do know I hate the ones with the contrived "drama", stupid deadlines, people shouting at one another etc. I do now what you mean about Overhaulin but I really like Chip Foose. He is extremely talented and he has a talented crew so I tolerate the prank side of it . It does get somewhat maudlin at times but his cars turn out pretty sweet. I like My Classic Car and I'm sure some people might not like Dennis Gage but I think he is a genuine car nut ( and a Ford guy I might add) and I bet he's a real approachable guy so he's okay by me. Car Crazy is a bit too over the top and although Barry is a car guy he creeps me out a bit. Dream Car Garage is good. I know Tom Hnatiw personally and he is as genuine as they come. It is filmed not far from here at Legendary Motor Cars.

BUT

AVOID THE BOYD!

Stu

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Either dream car garage or victory by design, although I dont know if they even have them anymore because I havent had TV in so long.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
If they would just do away with that stupid loud music so you could hear and understand the dialogue.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
HI guy's, Falconaround and I really don't watch ANY of those IDIOTS ever....
The closest I watch to a car show is MythBusters...

They REALLY ANNOY me badly. I genuinely prefer bone stock outsides of a car and only mild engine caressing while keeping the illusion of a totally stock vehicle. These shows show NO respect for the natural automobile!
Bone stock is by no means plane jane. Just look at cookies restoration of the '54 Buick for insight into how good a bone stock can look.

These car shows are travesties of the automobile enthusiast.

FE

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
On 2006-11-02 07:36, FEandGoingBroke wrote:
HI guy's, Falconaround and I really don't watch ANY of those IDIOTS ever....
The closest I watch to a car show is MythBusters...

They REALLY ANNOY me badly. I genuinely prefer bone stock outsides of a car and only mild engine caressing while keeping the illusion of a totally stock vehicle. These shows show NO respect for the natural automobile!
Bone stock is by no means plane jane. Just look at cookies restoration of the '54 Buick for insight into how good a bone stock can look.

These car shows are travesties of the automobile enthusiast.

FE
So your saying you like Dream Car Garage then?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Top Gear

·
Registered
629 Posts
Personally, I like the line up offered on Spike TV...Extreme 4x4, Trucks, Horsepower TV. I think they are not too bad, and I have learned a few things from watching them. The only thing I wish for...to have the shops like they get to use, and all the cool tools also!! But alas, I am stuck using my trusty old tools (most older than I am!
) that I inherited from my Dad...and the wonderful gravel driveway (don't even have my shade tree anymore...darn neighbor cut it down because she didn't want to rake leaves anymore
).
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
How about Two Guys Garage? Those two dudes were seriously using something called "Car Art" to spray temporary paint onto the hood of a Focus. I was waiting for them to say "we're just kidding" but it never happened. It's sad what happened to that show.

Anyhow, as far as modern shows go, I find myself watching PINKS pretty often. Hats off to those guys, good show.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikelonis on 11/3/06 3:55am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"avoid the BOYD"
I couldnt find driving force or top gear, any info on these? I have direct tv.
I also seem to remember a good show on DIY (do it yourself) where this guy took a t-bird roadster and tricked it up a bit. I cant thing of the name of the show or what channel, but I watched about 10-15 episodes where a guy restored a Jaguar convertable step by step.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 11/3/06 4:49am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 11/3/06 4:52am ]</font>

·
Registered
712 Posts
I hate Boyd, too.
Top Gear is good if I can find it.
The OLD Trucks! with Stacey David is great, the NEW Trucks! with the new two sssssssssucks out loud!
Rides is usually good.
I can't remember the name of the show on TLC (I think) where a guy built a car in one week and made it ready for auction, that show was great. Only on for a short time though.
Overhaulin' is usually good too.
Pimp My Ride... is such a joke, I like to see how bad they screw up cars. I mean, who needs monitors in the mud flaps, or a TV under the vehicle. Oh yeah the bubble machine on a Mustang, I also like to see how hideous they can make an interior.
Chris.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
On 2006-11-01 23:13, ujt389 wrote:
Either dream car garage or victory by design, although I dont know if they even have them anymore because I havent had TV in so long.
Ah yes Victory by Design! I too have not been watching the telly much. Damn you're making me miss that show. I love how Allan blasts those old girls around the track! Stu

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Yeah allan really has some balls of steel taking out those old race cars and really putting them through the paces. Top gear is a great show but it hard to find here in the US. Although almost all of their episodes are on the internet. You can find them on youtube. I agree that stacey david did a great job on trucks, the new guys are kinda annoying.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
I like American Muscle Cars and would like it better if they would only come up with some new episodes. I would like to see more of the early Fords and a few on the early Falcons which started the small-muscle-car movement in my opinon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Barry Meguiar's Car Crazy is my absolute favorite. It's a real up-beat positive show that I'm happy to have my kids see. It portrays the really great people that make up our hobby. No undedsirable language or inappropriate behaviour. Great variety of cars...classics, racers, show cars, novelties. Covers a wide variety of different events too. Always something fun! Barry Meguiar is a wonderful spokesman for the car hobby. He is a fine example to show our youth what great car people are all about.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts