Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna be able to get at least 400+ horse power out of it and a decent amount of torque? Any suggestions i'll appreciate.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
My current plans for a ~350-380hp 289 uses a Comp Magnum 282 solid lifter cam. But you'll have to match it with a big intake like a Performer RPM, and stock heads won't cut it, you'll need at least World Products Windsor JRs to get even close to 400hp. Bigger (but pricier) heads like Edelbrock RPM, Trick Flow, Brodix, etc. will get you closer to 400hp.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
331 stroker, eagle forged crank and rods, forged 10.5:1 pistons. Ported and polished 351W heads w/190/160 Valves. Comp camps extreme energy camshaft (290 duration), headers with x pipe, Petronix ignition, and um..oh I almost forgot...HILBORN FUEL INJECTION!!!!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You dont have to stroke to get 400HP but it helps. I am neering 400HP with my 5.0 at the flywheel, havent dynoed yet but most HP calculators put me right around 320 at the rear tires.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i'm 16 just getting into this engine rebuilding and performance stuff so any ideas or help i'll really appreciate i've looked at stroking it thats alittle steep on price and i won't be able to run pump gas through it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts