Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm swapping from a 352 to a 427 (2x4) in my 63 Gal. I've read a few posts that seem to indicate the existing throttle bracketry from my 2v 352 will not work, but I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what parts I need to replace and what the new parts look like. Would someone here be kind enough to show me what the correct throttle bracketry looks like? Can I use something universal from, say, Lokar...or do I need to find some unobtainable OEM parts off an R-code? I see some ebay listings for what people are calling 427 throttle linkages which look just like mine, and some that look way different.

Here is what's currently on the car:

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Wood Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior Auto part

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
A quick google search turned up the following:
Dual quad 2x4 progressive linkage kit
The carbs themselves already have some bracketry that came on them, here is what's on the carbs (which are linked together on the opposite side).

What I'm looking for is the interface between the existing bellcrank on the firewall and this. Maybe the existing setup can be made to work, but I was hoping to find out for sure before I drop the motor in the car. Motor is currently not next to the car so it's hard to tell by eyeballing it.

Motor vehicle Light Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hopefully, I will attach a copy of the page from the Ford Car Parts and Accessories manual which deals with dual quad 427 accelerator linkage, part numbers (partial ones) included. In looking at the installation on my car, it doesn't look that complicated, fine tuning adjustments notwithstanding. One area to look out for though, is that the bracketry is dependent on which transmission you have, or intend to use. There are a lot of possibilities, although in the real world there are a lot of listed combinations you obviously wouldn't use. Hope this is of some help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
It looks as though your original combination has a Cruisomatic. It also looks as though new intake is a type of tunnel wedge with no throttle mounting pad. You're going to have to fab that combination. Your accelerator pedal to linkage works by pushing up as stock, your new setup requires it to pull back. You may be able to bend the arm up or have to lengthen. Fairlanes and trucks had long upright pull to the rear arms. Or you may have to adapt to cable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the insight, guys. I do in fact currently have a CoM and am switching to a C4. I'll just have to budget some time to fab something up on the fly.

Appreciate the help!

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Thanks for the insight, guys. I do in fact currently have a CoM and am switching to a C4. I'll just have to budget some time to fab something up on the fly.

Appreciate the help!
look at a shop manual for 68 Fairlane with small blockC4 throttle/kickdown linkage. Might be able to adapt. I gave up years ago on the bird cage bs after a total restoration of it that didn't work out. Ran a link to carb and done with it. lower portion with small cable and spring worked flawlessly for 205K till I sold it and never knew how long after.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts