Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of building my 392 and I just realized that I forgot about the distributer. What should I do? I have a pertronix in my 289 distributer that I can swap over, a MSD coil, and nice MSD wires. Should I just buy a NAPA replacement and put the ignitor in it, or buy an MSD? I am really short on cash so I can't afford a box, but will the MSD distributer work without it?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone please help! I need to order the parts tomorrow so I can put it together this weekend.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Hey Chris for the time being just make sure everything is working, the bearings are fine and use your distributor til you get some extra cash. If your going out to pound on your new motor right away then you may want to up grade it but for day 2 day driving, the odd stomp, your fine with your distributor

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would use my distributer, but I am going from a 289 to a 351, and I don't think its gonna fit. I guess I will just but a NAPA rebuild since I never plan on revving it past 6K and I can put my ignitor in it, and it will be cheap.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sounds like a good idea chris, since money is tight. Besides, you could always upgrade the dist. later. Spend the money on good internals and change the little things later as money comes in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts