Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 GT Convertible with slight mods (Total Transmission Rebuild, New Torque Converter, Custom Shift Kit, BBK H-Pipe, Flowmasters, Mr. Gasket Underdrive Pullies, 130 Amp Alternator, Ford Racing 9mm Spark Plugs, New Sensors IAB, EGR). I have had various suggestions as to what to go for next. Everything from a 50 shot of nitrous, to 4.10s. Any suggestions as to what I should get next? After the AOD rebuild the budget is kinda low so I'd say im in the 300-400 range in about 2 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, What are your goals for this car? Street car daily driver I assume?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
If you're use is primarily street, nothing will give you a better kick in the pants than a set of gears. I'd recommend 373's for your car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Even stock AOD Mustangs respond better to gears than just about anything other modification. Go get a set of 3.73 or 4.11 gears and you won't believe the difference they will make in your acceleration. With stock rubber 3.73's will give you about 1900 RPM at 60 MPH and 4.11's will give you around 2100 RPM in overdrive at 60 MPH. The choice is yours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. And yes CougarKid
the car would be for daily driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts