Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My C-4 bit the dust & I was wondering what to do. Please give me some ideas. Who makes a good C-4 or can I go with an AOD? How much would it cost to convert to a 4 speed (or 5 speed) I want to do it right the first time. There's a transmission guy that I trust here in town & if I stay with the C-4, I want it beefed up. What performance parts should I have him put in it? It's going in a '67 fastback with a 351w. Thanks guys

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 67stang351 on 5/22/02 1:15pm ]</font>

·
Registered
16 Posts
I personally would run a C-4 they are so much cheaper than an AOD, i know there is a company out there that has a lifetime warranty. I will be going back to a C-4 in a few months.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Why not rebuild your own c4 from all the info in the archives from previous discussions.A few guys on here have built there own now and have had good results.If you get stuck there's plenty of help on here...

·
Registered
862 Posts
I can vouch for the help on this board. I haven't found any other site that has as much resource material on re-building your own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fnracing on 5/22/02 8:24pm ]</font>

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
yea, giddyup..I put one of those 'glides in my maverick bracket car, what can I say--will never go back to a 3 speed auto again in a race car! 'Nuff said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts