Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of windsor Jr heads and a set of 1.6 roller rockers and i need to know if the stock valve covers will clear them with the stock cam or do i need to order aftermarket valve covers. I will be using the trick flow street intake and maybe the trick flow valve covers. Any way would i also need a spacer on the intake and if so how much. Thanks alot guys. Keep the fords running strong!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
No stock ones will clear. Most aftermarket standard height won't either. You'll have to spring for the "tall" ones.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Depending on what cam you go with , you can massage the factory cast aluminum valve covers to fit. example my 347 has edelbrock heads with probe industries roller rockers, a 245 duration (@.050) and .536" lift cam. the valve covers fit fine after some massaging. there is alot of material on those valve covers that can be removed just my 2 cents chris just remember nice valve covers dont make it go any faster!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IAPEXL8R on 4/28/02 8:20am ]</font>

·
Registered
128 Posts
Also, double gasketing the VC is an option that is cheaper than new covers. I think most clearance problems are with the baffles inside. Is far as intake spacer, I think most use a 3/8" one if they use one at all for clearance.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I am using Windsor Jr. Heads and PRO-Form 1.6:1 Roller Rocker Arms. I am using s GT-40 Intake and had to go with a 1" spacer and tall valve covers. Summit Racing has a really nice set of Polished Cast Aluminum Valce Covers for ~$70 (mine were manufactured by Wisco for Summit).

Hope that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts