Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This doesn't have to be something like a Ford GT or anything really expensive. Just some Ford that you saw when you were younger and it made an immediate impression on you and you just always wanted one. A Ford that you could have, but never got around to getting. A Ford that you might still get someday, but for now, you just dream about it. It's a Ford that is definitely within reach. Mine used to be a GT500KR, but that doesn't look realistic unless there is some sort of way of hitting the lottery someday. The Cobra used to do it until all the kit cars came out and now I just don't really want one anymore because you see so many of them on the road (real or not). I guess the cars that are still in reach, at least to me, and that I have always liked and made an impression on me early on were the Pantera and the Sunbeam Tiger. Maybe it's because they are basically European cars with Ford V-8s that I like them so much. Anyway,as for any other cars I have wanted but never got around to getting, I think there are more, but those two stick out the most.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I think for me it has to be the '63 1/2 Galaxie. When I was young and impressionable I watched my oldest brother head off to his Senior Prom in his buddies 406 tri-power '63 1/2. That car made a lifelong impact on me.

Another would be the '40 Opera Coupe.

A couple of beautifully styled cars, IMO.

Murff

·
Registered
48 Posts
65 GT350

·
Registered
712 Posts
Pantera w/ 351C

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I've always wanted a early 50's truck. I remember riding around the cow pasture with my grandfather in his old ford truck. It had kinda always left an impression about those trucks in my mind.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Its not really unrealistic, but right now with my mustang its far away, i would like a torino. Even tho they are heavy cars, some just look awesome.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I wouldn't mind having a '53-'56 Ford pickup, or maybe a '72 Montego GT with 351C 4v, 4speed toploader, Trac lock, etc.

·
Registered
596 Posts
1964 or 65 Falcon 2 dr Futura sedan w/ a nasty little v8 to shut up those Chevy II's...or I think a 1956 Mk II Lincoln could be made to look sweet as a Heavy musclecar restorod...

·
Registered
712 Posts
NOT, how 'bout a '90 Lincoln Mark VII LSC with a 5.0HO, swap gt-40 heads and intake on it, mass-air, bigger injectors, bigger rear gear and a beefed up AOD?

·
Registered
681 Posts
65 stang 2+2 white with the blue stripes.
or a cobra or pantera.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Right now ... for me ...

It's a 67 Mustang Fastback, or if that's not available ... a 67 Cougar (If I have to go "Coupe" I'd rather do a Cougar) than a Mustang ...

I guess a Mercury is still a Ford in Most Folks book around here.

Either one will end up Medium Grey and Black.

The 351C I'm currently building needs a good home out front of a nice five speed.

BTW MontegoMan351 ... I wouldn't put up too much of a fight over the Pantera thought either ... already have the 54 F100

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MonsterMach on 11/22/06 9:45am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Hmm, well I've always wanted a 79 F-350 4x4, but with kids now the Bronco will have to fill that void with beefier axles

I'd also love to have another 68 Gal wagon, was my first car and I miss it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A 1965 or 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe/Conv GT Ralley pack, Blue with White Stripes and trumpet dual exhaust. (Insert Tim Allen Grunt here)

I guess thats why I love my 78 Coupe Ghia since it reminds me of the 60's Mustangs so much...now that mine has a worked 302 kick ass heart......

1 - 20 of 45 Posts