Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to get 350/370hp from a 347 im planning to build??its going into a 67 fastback mustang manual tran,4.1 diff,i want to run 10.1comp,aftermarket alloy heads,solid(non roller)cam,i have been reading some old posts from this site and there is a lot of talk about afr heads but im in australia and i havent seen or heard of any for sale here so i was thinking of dart heads,when it comes to intakes i saw another old post with a 347 with webers
does anybody have experience with that set up??other wise whats
the intake i may need to suit 350/370hp,any suggestions appreciated!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
out of a 347 350 hp or so should be easy I built on that was 10.5 compression and about 550 HP but anyways you will need a decent set of aluminum heads moderate cam and with the 4.11 gears you can use a single plain intake

if you want to know any more specifics email me at [email protected] I have some desktop dyno sims of various 347 buildups

·
Registered
122 Posts
Take a look at the specs on the Ford Racing 351's. They sell a 340 & 385 hp crate motor whose specs should be close to what you need. Just take their cam specs and maybe go somewhere between. I think your solid lifter cam needs a little less duration than the hydraulics on the crate engines to make the same power. Maybe someone else on this site can give you more nfo on that.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
You need a lottle more duration with a solid to make up for the lash. Dur and lift are based on "0" lift and when you add lash the lift and dur is less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts