Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what year(s) Mustang this shifter bezel is from?
It is considerably larger than the 65-67 bezel I ordered on the left.
Anywhere to buy one of these larger shift bezels along with gasket, shifter bushings, etc?

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Casting # D42W-7D443-BB

The casting number is D42W-7D443-BB with the letters WMP below that.

The numbers are hard to read becuse of glue residue so I could be off on one of the last three digits (3-BB) ?

Thanks

·
Subscriber
1,124 Posts
D4 is 1974

FYI...the first letter designates the decade. C is 60's, D is 70's, E is 80's, etc. The 2nd character, a number, is the year in the decade.

Robert

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any idea where I can find one of these along with a gasket and shifter bushings?

Did the slot on the right have fiber hairs in it?

Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
Maybe a 74 Mustang II Ghia. They had the fake wood grain.

Also had a "fake" wood grain shift handle.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Pinto Mustang II bezel. Apparently the early 79-86 fox mustang as well.

The earlier pinto models were casted metal and chrome plated. The later ones were PLASTIC.

They have reproductions for the rubber seal that goes in there. BTW, brake cleaner is about the only thing that gets the de-Vulcinized rubber off.
I picked up mine for about 17 shipped off of Ebay and a real nice looking seal as well. (Yah there probably made in china but its the only game in town for these seals.)

eBay Motors: 74,75,76,77,78 MUSTANG II A/T SHIFTER BEZEL SEAL NEW (item 380027286784 end time Jul-11-08 20:23:40 PDT)

Just looked at your bezel more closely. I picked up a new one from a NOS dealer a year or more ago. The part # to search for the chrome metal one is D1FZ7D351A. I just searched partsvoice.com and they dont have a line on one.

You might have luck on Ebay with a decent used one made from metal. You can restore those much easier than the plastic ones.
Heres one i just found.
eBay Motors: 79-86 Ford Mustang Auto Shifter Bezel Trim Plate (item 250265371715 end time Jul-07-08 15:32:45 PDT)

To my knowledge they dont reproduce these yet. Trouble when/If they do it will probably be in plastic, but then again who knows?
Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Casting # D42W-7D443-BB

The casting number is D42W-7D443-BB with the letters WMP below that.

The numbers are hard to read becuse of glue residue so I could be off on one of the last three digits (3-BB) ?

Thanks
Exactly like the 79 Mustang

1 - 9 of 9 Posts