Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I say if you are going to buy one I would suggest a used Saleen, I forgot the name, but the one with the 351W with the supercharger.

Besides that I believe that the Saleen is a better car. Check out the Roush article in the last Hot Rod magazine. The Roush seems to be more about look than go. I hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the latest issue of muscle mustangs & fast fords has an article on the saleen s281-e. the 4.6 with the supercharger. with slicks it ran like a 11.70 on a good gripping track. The roush looks better...But for speed id say the saleen. if your rich just go buy a saleen s7. good luck!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actualy the roush stage 3 has more horsepower than the saleen s281, the s281 with supercharger has 360 horse while the roush stage 3 with supercharger has 400 and something horsepower

·
Registered
91 Posts
There are three S281 Saleens. all with different engines....powerwise. The first is a 4.6l engine that is not supercharged. it is basically a stock engine with a couple bolt on mods. it has 265 hp. The second is the same engine except has the supercharger. It is rated at 365hp. The third car is the S281-E. This ones engine is rated at 425hp and everything on the engine is different. The 2001 Roush Stage 3 mustang DOES not have 425 hp. it is rated at 360hp. The Roush info was in motor trend a while ago. The Saleen info can be found at there website. So i guess you can say the Roush stage 3 has more power then one Saleen....and thats the saleen, that has a basically stock engine. Good luck on your venture...go head and ask any other questions, ryan

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have been looking at pics and roush mustangs just look better and im sure if some more mods are done you can get more horsepower out of a roush, and finally i dont care what anyone says roush mustangs are the best sounding cars

·
Registered
91 Posts
hmm have you seen the Saleen SR? that is one sweet looking mustang. 5.4liter fuel injected....505hp and very fast looking.only like $160,000...the fuel consumption tax on it alone is an extra $3000 lol. Check it out at www.Saleen.com. I dont care what anyone says. Id take a Saleen car over any vehicle made. There cant be much to compare to an S7!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts