Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else having replaced their Falcon MC, notice that the push rod pushes the MC plunger 3/4" to 1" in when it's bolted to the firewall?

The old MC I took out was stuck in teh exact same location...

Is there an afermarket adjustable Brake MC pushrod available or do I have to make one?

My Falkun is a '61.... 4 door 4 wheel drum...

FE

*WARNING* This car is a Sleeper, and is NOT powered by the infamous 170 ci, 105hp weakling you all know so well... It is Powered by the Mighty Power of a .040 Over 202.6ci 1 1/2" 1bbl, POWERHOUSE making nearly 123.6 hp! I'LL SMOKE YOU!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FALCONAROUND on 5/30/06 2:22am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I guess nobody's had this happen?????????????????

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I suppose I could elaborate and tell you that the plunger in the master cylinder is 3/4" pushed in when the MC is bolted to the bulkhead.. THat bothers me because there is only about 2" of travel left with which to press the brakes.... Which means that I cannot utilise the full potential of my brake master cylinder... I thought it was strange is all and I am going to pull my pushrod and grind it down to where it is only putting 1/4" of the cylinder to use when the pedal is fully retracted....

FE

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Heck I threw on a 1989 Ranger Master cylinder on my '65 Ranchero. Just bolted it up to the firewall and used the factory plunger rod. Then got some help to bleed the brakes and I was good to go.

Damn..you almost over reacted there.... hehe

Hope you get your issue resolved.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Gary, I bought mine from AZ and didn't run into that problem. It's working fine.

BTW: That's on the 63 Ranchero.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 5/30/06 11:53am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
What is the make and part number of your M.C.?

We have local brake wholsale/retail place, that usually offers Raybestos brand parts. They look the same externally, but odd in that the box usually contains two slip in (of different lengths) push rods that connect to pedal.

I think most all early Fords, big and small, had one inch diameter bores.

Wm.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it taken care of yesterday with a grinder
Thanks guy's!

FE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts