Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to sell my car. 1967 Fairlane GT 390. Redone in 2003. All new black interior from Dearborn Classics, toploader 4 spd, 427 fiberglass hood, Wimbledon white. Decent miles, very good shape. Also has front disc brake conversion. What should I ask for it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fordified64 on 11/22/06 11:44pm ]</font>

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Post some pictures, how many miles? Modifications?

·
Registered
825 Posts
You guys aren't going to believe this but this guy this morning tried to convince me my car ( 65 fairlane sports coupe ) was worth at least $100,000 in completely restored , mint condition. He was totally bieng serious too. It took me a minute to figure if he was trying to pull my chain or if he's just one of those overestimaters that heard about so and so's old cherried hotrod going for some outragous amout so he thinks every cool old car is worth a bundle.

He did offer me $11,000 cash this morning as I was going out to fix the power steering pump this morning. I turned it down though. I haven't had any time to have any fun with it yet. The new motor only has 110 miles on it. Sheesh....it was very tempting though . I got his number though and told him I would be calling him up when I get it in mint condition

anyways back to your thread I would say somewheres in the neighborhood of 10k. hard to say without seeing it up close. Good luck with it though

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norcal500 on 11/29/06 10:22am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I agree somewhat with Norcal, 10 to 16K, even with the nice things in it.

FE

·
Registered
170 Posts
On 2006-11-28 19:17, norcal500 wrote:
You guys aren't going to believe this but this guy this morning tried to convince me my car ( 65 fairlane sports coupe ) was worth at least $100,000 in completely restored , mint condition. He was totally bieng serious too. It took me a minute to figure if he was trying to pull my chain or if he's just one of those overestimaters that heard about so and so's old cherried hotrod going for some outragous amout so he thinks every cool old car is worth a bundle.
I think he has spent too much time watching Barrett-Jackson.....

I think if somebody told me that my car could be worth $100K (even though I know it won't) and he followed up by offering $11. I would be mighty tempted to negotiate and start with a $30K counter offer...........

Of course that's not why I have my car. I just like it........

$10,000-$15,000 is probably fair for the original poster's car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts