Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 427 out of a (I believe) 1964 ford fairlane galaxy 500. It's got the original 3-2's carb and the complete engine as well as a 4 speed transmission. It's in good shape and hasn't been used in probably 30+ years. I'm trying to clean out some of my grandfathers estate in order to get money to finish fixing up the house. Also if anyone is interested in buying I'm located in Southern California.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
socrates, No such thing as a Fairlane Galaxie in 1964. It's eather a Galaxie or a Fairlane. Also no 427 came with 3-2's. It would be one 4 barrel or two 4 barrels. Is the 4speed a B-W T-10 or a Ford Toploader? Casting numbers from the block, heads and transmission would help. That being said I'm in the SoCal area and would be interested in it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
socrates, No such thing as a Fairlane Galaxie in 1964. It's eather a Galaxie or a Fairlane. Also no 427 came with 3-2's. It would be one 4 barrel or two 4 barrels. Is the 4speed a B-W T-10 or a Ford Toploader? Casting numbers from the block, heads and transmission would help. That being said I'm in the SoCal area and would be interested in it.
Thanks for the clarification, the info was passed onto me. It was not first hand. Was there a 67 fairlane galaxie or was 59 the last year? I will attempt to get numbers I tried to find numbers on the block and was having some problems finding them.... I'm not sure if it was a b-w t-10 or ford toploader I know for sure there is the 3-2 carb also. I also have a c6 transmission and many other old parts. I have another 427 crate engine and I believe a 428, some dodge hemi heads and many more old parts. Any chance you can pm me your number and email? These items are located in the ventura area however I work in the riverside area. Where are you located?
thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the clarification, the info was passed onto me. It was not first hand. Was there a 67 fairlane galaxie or was 59 the last year? I will attempt to get numbers I tried to find numbers on the block and was having some problems finding them.... I'm not sure if it was a b-w t-10 or ford toploader I know for sure there is the 3-2 carb also. I also have a c6 transmission and many other old parts. I have another 427 crate engine and I believe a 428, some dodge hemi heads and many more old parts. Any chance you can pm me your number and email? These items are located in the ventura area however I work in the riverside area. Where are you located?
thanks
Just got off the phone and learned it was a 64 ford galaxie 500. I will get numbers later this week.
thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts