265 50 15 rear tires(new)
205 50 15 front tires(new)
+ more
anyone have a clue?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: only126db on 6/4/02 5:57am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
No offense, but if we said, "$2000", you'd be pissed off. If we said $20,000 then you'd quote us when you were trying to sell it to someone else. The bottom line on car value's is it's only worth what somebody else is willing to pay. Top book on my car is around $10,000 for a # 1 car. That's a show car, perfect restoration and never, ever driven. Would I take $10,000 for my car? Not a chance. It's worth much more than that to ME. If I went to sell it today, I'd probably be able to get $7500 realistically UNLESS I found somebody really wanting a 65 Comet with a 331 stroker, T5Z five speed, 9 Inch rear with a 411 detroit locker, subframe connectors, blah blah blah. It's not that we don't want to help, but we want to be fair to you. If you want a number out of thin air...well, $3500 if the rust is not too bad.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
hey FX, I'll give ya $7000, but ya gotta toss in the Hilborn unit, okay?

126db, any rust on that car?

Its really hard to tell how good a car is over the internet, even with pictures. You really need to see it in person to tell. Pictures can hide a lot.

1964 Comet 289 C4/3000 stall daily driver
TFS TW, Weiand Stealth, Comp XE268, Rhodes lifters, TFS roller rockers, Carter 625 AFB, Hooker SuperComps
"These go to 11." -This is Spinal Tap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragman64 on 6/5/02 4:33pm ]</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I WANTED A GUESS!!!!!!! BASED ON EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE NOT WHAT COULD BE OR WHAT MAY BE I GUESS YOU PEOPLE MUST ALL OWN CONCOURSE CARS AND HAVE LOADS OF MONEY AND THIS VEHICLE IS BELOW YOUR NUMERICAL GUESSING ABILITIES

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
On 2002-06-05 11:39, only126db wrote:
I WANTED A GUESS!!!!!!! BASED ON EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE NOT WHAT COULD BE OR WHAT MAY BE I GUESS YOU PEOPLE MUST ALL OWN CONCOURSE CARS AND HAVE LOADS OF MONEY AND THIS VEHICLE IS BELOW YOUR NUMERICAL GUESSING ABILITIES
Didn't anyone ever tell you that typing in all caps is annoying, rude, and it's considered YELLING!

You didn't give anywhere near enough info for a descent guesstimate on a value for your car, so either give some more details.. or GO AWAY!

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Hey, these guys aint tryin to be smartasses. You can never figure what a car is worth, period. Heres a few examples.

1971 Mustang coupe, needs paint and interior badly, but straight with no rust and a 351c. Whats it worth? My guess is 2000, but my buddy picked it up for 500, sold it to me for 1500, and I've been offered as much as 3000 for it. Which price is right? All of em, because they are all amounts that have been paid for it.

1966 Barracuda, fresh restoration, beuatiful viper red paint, hit on passenger front corner hard a week after completion. My guess, 1000. We buy it for 400 off of ebay, and tow it from boise Idaho to Vegas. Get offers as high as 4000 while heading home (happened to be going past all the folks runnin the silver state classic, just goes to show it pays to be in the right market to get your money) and turns out the car is unrepairable, the 400 we spent is about right for the parts we saved off the car.

So ya see, ya can never know. Now if you get very specific, and I mean VERY specific, you might get a ball park estimate, get very specific, and include about 40 detailed photos, your gonna get closer. but askin "what is this car worth?" and mutterin a few details only tells us that there is nuthing special about the car, or youd be bragging, Its most likely some run of the mill Mustang with a hacked in 429, most likely a coupe, and just not really sumthing that stands out. Going off of this assumption, Id say I'd give ya 1500 for it, but that assumes there is not one trace of rust. Why 1500? Because thats all I'll pay for a decent mustang body (which is all it is if I have to go through and rebuild someone elses hackjob) where Im at. I live in Vegas, nuthing rusts here. Most folks across the country refer to bad quarters as repairable rust. Out here, a quarter sized rrust hole makes sumthing a rust bucket and ya move on, because there will ALWAYS be somethin better for the same price, period.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Look dumb ass. Your car is worth about the same as you, NOTHING! Now leave and dont come back, unless you want to actually get some information and dont act like the dumb f***head you are.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
too many educated people in this forum i see
i was feeling you people out and it figures just another bunch of losers who think they know it all......

exact estimate and rough guess are two different things u morons...if i wanted an exact number i sure wouldnt goto a forum i would take it to someone who knows not someone who blows

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: only126db on 6/6/02 11:54am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Ok dude, your attitude sucks. Several attempts at getting more information were made so as to help you with your question. Instead of answering them, you chose to spout off a bunch of BS. Why should that make anyone want to help you? You can take that no good attitude of yours over to the ricer crowd, it would fit right in. We'll stick around here and expand our knowledge, and help those who really do have an idea of how to ask a question in such a way that they can get an answer. What you did is no different than saying "Hey, I just put a rebuilt small block in my car, how much horsepower does it have?" and then getting mad at as simple a question as whether its a 2v or 4v carb. Do us a favor, sell the mustang to someone who deserves it. Not only will the car be in safer hands, you will even find out how much the poor car is worth!

·
Registered
159 Posts
only26IQ,

You are an idiot.

How could ANYONE have a better idea of your cars value than YOU?

Stupid questions are fine. Stupid questions by little kids with bad attitudes is not.

Again, go away.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
On 2002-06-05 23:52, only126db wrote:
too many educated people in this forum i see
i was feeling you people out and it figures just another bunch of losers who think they know it all......

exact estimate and rough guess are two different things u morons...if i wanted an exact number i sure wouldnt goto a forum i would take it to someone who knows not someone who blows

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: only126db on 6/6/02 11:54am ]</font>
Oh, ok. I'm sorry. I didn't know you didn't want an exact figure. "ABOUT $50" How's that?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.