Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a guy in my town with a 80's Ford Tempo. Suicide doors, flip up one piece front end, canary yellow, hydraulics, crazy stereo system. He sets up at the shows with the hydrualics on 3 wheels and velvet rope like at the movie theater around his car so you "can't get too close". It has a stock 4 cyl, just painted up real nice. Everytime I see it I laugh. What a wierdo.

To each his own, I guess.

What are some stupid-ass cars you see at your local shows?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 63fstbk on 6/4/02 7:48am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
A few years back, (when I used to 'play the car show game',), there was a dude, (way different), that used to 'show' a like 75 or so mustang 2.
It was a complete piece of ****. Calfshit brown, with bondo so thick over the rust holes, unsanded, just thrown on and touch up painted.
He detailed, (hate to use that phraze), anyway, almost everything under the hood. (in which was a stock 4 cyl). blue brackets, red wiring, painted everything.
Interior was dirty.
He collected the little plaques that are sometimes given out to the first people to arrive at shows. He had those plastered all over a piece of wood that he laid by his car, along with showroom literature and pictures of what a NICE mustang of that era looked like.
The guy was too stupid to know everyone was laughing at him, (to his face, and behind his back). Kind of felt sorry for him in a way, but if you met him, you wouldn't I guess..........Just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
On 2002-06-03 20:01, drag79stang wrote:
A few years back, (when I used to 'play the car show game',), there was a dude, (way different), that used to 'show' a like 75 or so mustang 2.

The guy was too stupid to know everyone was laughing at him, (to his face, and behind his back). Kind of felt sorry for him in a way, but if you met him, you wouldn't I guess..........Just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there.
So Dragstang!!!!!!!!!
.............The truth comes out !!!!!!!!!!!you did not like me or my Mustang II?????????

Just kidding.
...........and I thought your story was funny!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Stupid? Those guys are "expressing" themselves.......LOL. Stupid is watching some guy freeze his but off driving a thirty something willys to a cruise in 40F degree weather, hitting rain just to show off the jeep, with no-one there to see it. This is an open Willys, no cover, no heat, etc....
Paul

'69 Mustang (Summer) - 302-4V Automatic, Heddman Headers, Edelbrock 600cfm carb & Performer intake. Crane 278H Cam and Electronic Ignition.
'92 Grand Marquuis (Winter)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fnracing on 6/4/02 9:00am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fnracing on 6/4/02 9:07am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Gheesus, H, Tom. If I'd of known that was you all those years...........

I have to agree with Greg and the boys about the 'really smart' people at the shows.
Granted, most of my stuff was, (and still is), drag race oriented, so the obvious DUMB ASS questions, about 'what's that for', and 'lookit' the baldass tires' on that thar car, would abound.
I especially liked the 'what kinda gasoline you burning' in that ride, boy?'......

Between the questions and the knowledge that people/persons would try and lay down at the shows, it gets real deep, real fast.
I never ever thought about having a contest to try and pick a 'winner', but now I"m going to have to rejoin a club around here just to play!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Slickest thing I ever saw was a set of bolt on traction bars put on backwards on a 65 Mustang!!! Snubbers pointed out the back of the car. No wonder I never got those things to work on that Maverick I had..........

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'd have to go along with Windsoreight, I really try to understand why some people do some of the things that they do, after a while i give up ! One subject i cannot let go is WHY SOME PEOPLE INSTALL CHEVY MOTORS INTO BITCHEN ASS FORDS, or is the answer there and i just do not want to accept it

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
That yeloow Tempo sounds just like the one featured in a Super Ford issue many years ago, I was reading along after looking at the pics and was dissapointed to learn as I read along that it still had the 4 banger front wheel drive action going on.

This may not be stupid but I saw ford valve covers and aircleaner on a chevy engine in a ford at a car show in portland, like he was trying to disguise it or soemthing, I did not like that at all

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Don't know how many of you are from my neck o de woods(Oklahoma) but these dirt devils with their open wheel cars!!! They have nothing better to do all winter except disassemble & detail these things just to ruin them? I'd rather see the Chevy powered roadsters than them!

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
One of the stupid things that I hate was a second gen. Vette with about 15 dolls around it, and then a sign that said they are being punished for reading "dirty" magazines. Next to them was a Ford mag. I have no idea what attracts people to do that. Also in town is a 60's something Pontiac. It was a pretty sweet car. It had a 389 and the triple duals on it. The guys sells the triple duals and then puts on hydros. What a waste.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Couple years ago up in St. Ignace there was a 53 Studebaker that some guy turned into a pick-up. It was lime green with purple trim. Guy called it the Lounge Lizard. One word HIDEOUS.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Last year at the Ford Expo in Columbus I saw a totally stock Yellow 70 Torino GT at the car show. As I approach it I notice it has large rust holes all over (which is not so bad). Then in big bold letter down both sides (below the lazer stripes) it says "SILINT WARIR". I think it was supposed to say "SILENT WARRIOR". The only thing worse than big bold words on the side of a totally stock car is big bold misspelled words. Sorry if this car belongs to one of you guys, but I had to say it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mike_R. on 6/4/02 9:07pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I saw a guy I knew from the strip with his car. Painted with a paint brush & lettering that a 3 year old could have done better. He mis-spelled his own name! What a putz!

·
Registered
261 Posts
What about a 41 Willy's (Jeep) with a 557 in it Greg? Would that change your mind? Mud Boggs, Dirt sprints ....ARRRRGHH..ARRRGHH..ARRRGHH... Well I have thought about it once or twice

1 - 20 of 32 Posts