Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the help so far folks its all greatly appreciated.. as the sorting out of this car continues i have another question..
Whats this bar called that the dime is on? is it factory? if not who made it?
and also a pic of the old gal at work today..

[/IMG]

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Whats this bar called that the dime is on?
It looks like a "Toe-in Stabilizer Bar". That's a bracket that keeps the "Easy Rider" Offset Shafts on the Front of the Lower A Arms of the 1964 Ford Galaxie from working.

Is it factory?
No.

If not who made it?
It looks as though it's a Greg Donahue item. Google: "Greg Donahue", then do a search for: "Toe-in Stabilizer Bar".

and also a pic of the old gal at work today..
Nice looking Galaxie there Jake!

HTH

JC

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have been using this item on my 63 since 1985. One of the best cheap upgrades you will ever do. The car handles much better.

·
Registered
653 Posts
It looks like a "Toe-in Stabilizer Bar". That's a bracket that keeps the "Easy Rider" Offset Shafts on the Front of the Lower A Arms of the 1964 Ford Galaxie from working.
It's the quick-n-dirty fix for Ford's lousy front LCA pivots.

I think Donahue claims their part is a repro of something that was issued to Ford dealers as a fix back in the '60s, so the origins aren't certain.

Regardless, unless you're planning on doing far more extensive renovations to the suspension that involve getting rid of the crankshafts in the front LCA pivots completely, you'll want to hang on to it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for your help and thanks for the comments..

Nothing extensive will be done to the suspension just the larger front sway bar and adding a sway bar to the rear..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts