Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might be a dumb question but does it matter if the coolant that comes out of the overflow looks like foam when it spits it out on the ground. I never noticed it like that before until I topped my 64 fairlane off the other day with some 50/50 coolant/water mix. and and my other cars I never notice any coolant foam. should I swap the coolant out or am I just freaking out. It didn't really look dirty just foamy.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The foamy coolant usually means foreign matter has incorporated it'sself into your coolant system.

Did someone accidently put windshield cleaner in your overflow recently?

Are you loosing oil?

It could all be a koinkydink too you know.....

FE

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, not loosing oil at all. not windshield wiper fluid in the coolant bottle. maybe coincidence. it just looks wierd to me to see a little puddle of foam on the ground after I shut the car off. I might switch it out anyway just because it will bother me until I do so.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Keep an eye on it if it still does it after. What about your oil, how does it look? A lot of times it's a sign of a head gasket. But might be like FE said. Did you run any kind of cleaner through it before adding new antifreeze? Maybe it's just loving the new flavor and foaming at the 'mouth'. Mmmmm, good stuff!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts