Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on
killing us, airport screeners are NOT allowed to profile people. They will
continue random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots
with proper identification, Secret Service agents who are members of the
President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and
Medal of Honor winning former Governors.

Let's pause a moment and take the following test:

In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:
(a)Olga Corbutt
(b)Sitting Bull
(c)Arnold Schwartzeneger
(d)Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

In 1979,the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:
(a)Lost Norwegians
(b)Elvis
(c)A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
(a)John Dillinger
(b)The King of Sweden
(c)The Boy Scouts

In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
(a)A pizza delivery boy
(b)Pee Wee Herman
(c)Geraldo Rivera making up for a slow news day
(d)Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked, and a 70 year old
American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard by:
(a)The Smurfs
(b)Davy Jones
(c)The Little Mermaid
(d)Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver was
murdered by:
(a)Captain Kid
(b)Charles Lindberg
(c)Mother Teresa

In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
(a)Scooby Doo
(b)The Tooth Fairy
(c)Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid.

In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
(a)Richard Simmons
(b)Grandma Moses
(c)Michael Jordan

In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
(a)Mr. Rogers
(b)Hillary, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
(c)The World Wrestling Federation to promote "Mustapha the Merciless"

On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked and destroyed and thousands of
people were killed by:
(a)Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd
(b)The Supreme Court of Florida
(c)Mr. Bean

In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
(a)Enron
(b)The Lutheran Church
(c)The NFL

In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
(a)Bonnie and Clyde
(b)Captain Kangaroo
(c)Billy Graham

Hmmm . . . nope, no patterns anywhere!!!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
OK, fair enough. Now take this one:
What ethic/racial group was responsible for the killing/enslavement of the following groups of people: The Incas, the American Indian, nearly a quarter of the population of the continent of Africa, the druids, the Anabaptists, the Eskimo....

You get the point. It was white, "Christian" europeans, our primary ancestors. Did ALL white Europeans do this? Nope. Nor did ALL the Muslims in the middle east and elsewhere commit the hideous acts you espoused. Bigotry is bigotry, I don't give a damn what color or part of the world it comes from. They can "profile" me or "spot check me" anytime at any airport anywhere in the world anytime they want.
Just don't ask me to lower myself to the standards of the enemy, whether they be on this side of the Atlantic or the other one....

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Laughed my arce off. Nope. No pattern.

Off base a little, but that's what I am.....Recently, on my little 'trip' down south, via plane, I talked with MANY people on the plane.
During the conversations, the topid of 'what if' came up.
Point no. 1. There were NO muslin looking, or arabic type looking people on those planes.
Point no. 2. Everyone I talked to expressed HUGE animosity towards anyone stupid enough to try ANYTHING on those planes.
POint no. 3. It didn't matter what you looked like, color/creed/whatever, all's I know is that if someone/whomever had tried something on those planes, or boat/ship, huge amounts of feces would have hit the reciprocating metal object quickly, without thought.
Paranoid? Maybe. Looking out for my ass? You bet!
Search me wherever/whenever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i understand what your saying but listen to this, hitler killed off 6 million jews, the turkish killed off almost as many armenians. these acts are a hundred times worse than anyhting the muslim extreemists have ever done. you also have to think that these people are not true muslims. the extreemists are just terroists, they have to do small things in the public eye, if they really had balls they would try an american genocide, and they'll see how well that goes over.

·
Registered
557 Posts
When it comes to racial profiling and/or discriminating against Arab people in the interest of national security, I can see no wrong with it. Yeah, it may be unpleasant to those folks, but how else are we to tell them apart from the extremists? Besides, if they are truly intent on living here as American citizens, then they should not have a problem with being searched/questioned about certain things. If they want to be American citizens, then they should think in American terms! There are a lot of Americans that dont mind being "looked at" when it comes to security, if anyone objects to being checked out by a public authority, then that alone should raise a red flag!

·
Registered
353 Posts
You guys that stick up for Arabs talk about hitler and other 'white' people that were threats. well for point# 1. they made themselfs known, there were no question about it that they hated Jews and what they were doing. these Arabs are back stabing people that pretend to be your good next door neighbor, your local handy man and such. But they have another motive, KILLING you! I know that it is a small % of the Arabs that are set on this, but (point #2) They are the Enemy today, the ones that are sick in the head. We set out to stop hitler by war, or murder. And people are comlaining that some Arabs have to be searched? D
o you guys know what happends in the U.S. as of racial profiling? Well at least in So. Cal, there is plenty of it. A black guy robs a store and kills a clerk and is seen driving off in a white mustang, then half an hour later a cop sees a black guy in a whit mustang a mile away from where it happened. Why not stop him???? If it wasnt him, no harm done, explain it to the guy (and if he isnt a JERK he should understand), but at least the cop was doing something to try to catch the crook. And if it was him, one more Killer off of the street? How is that bad??? That is the same as to Arabs, they killed Thousands of Americans, why cannt we just search them? I feel no Arab is going to disagree, other than terriosits, they have to understand waht happened.
The point is to Capture and bring to justice Would-Be murderers.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Sure, just throw out over 200 year's worth of the most astounding defense of human rights the world's ever known.
We do this and the terrorists have already won. Their goal is to destroy our way of life and that includes our freedoms, including the one about "..unreasonable search and seizure.." Why don't we just put all Arabic appearing people in camps until we get this old war over with. We can do it in the name of "National Security". While we're at it, we'll put those who have "known connections" with any Arabic folk in with 'em just to be on the safe side. Sound like a great idea? Ask the American citizens of Japanese origin how they felt about it during WW2. Fact of the matter is, if the INS, FBI, and other agencies responsible for our security would have been doing their jobs some of this may have been avoided. If the CIA hadn't of trained Bin Laden in the first place, it probably would have helped, too.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
There are alot of Arab people in the USA, and almost all of them are looking to make an honest living like everyone else.

There seems to be a problem with both sides of the racial profiling card. One side seems to use it's stance to enhance bigotry. The other uses rightiousness at the expense of common sense.

Here is the problem at hand today. Unlike Hitler(as monsterous as he was)he wasn't a coward. He publicly stood up for his beliefs no matter how twisted they were. Muslum extremists are pure cowards at heart. They hide amoung the populous living the American way of life thet they so much despise, PRETENDING to be honest hardworking muslums.

Racial profiling has it merits when used with common sense. This may sound stereotypic but each race has a found "area".
People that hyjack airplanes tend to be arabic males, convienience stores are usually robbed by black males and serial killers are usually white males.

Notice another pattern here? When is the last time a women hyjacked a plane or became a serial killer. Now am I supposed to be offended if I get searched and a women doesn't getting on a airplane? No, I know damn good and well the odds of me flipping out and doing somthing stupid on a plane are much greater than a women.

Profiling has it's reasoning when used with restraint and common sense. Who would you pick, 8 year old boy, 40 year old woman and 17 to 40 arab male are getting onto a plane? Use common sense. If the arabic male is offended that he was searched appogize and tell him that you are doing your job to make the plane ride safe for everyone.

Terrorists are not going to run into the streets proclaiming their distaste for Americans. Which means to find them there is going to be searches. I don't feel my right as an American to privicy should be stipped from me but, I do feel that if more of us waived our privicy a little it would make those with somthing to hide a little more obvious.

·
Registered
170 Posts
the problem is those we call terrorists today will be our friends tommorrow. Bush was buddies with the Bin Laden family just a few years ago. As long as our elected officials will sell out America to the highest bidder it will continue. Just keep following Enron folks, no one has gone to jail yet. A few decades ago we thought Iran was just peachy, we put Noriega in charge in Panama. We are not all that holy ourselves.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea, the PC crowd wants EVERYBODY to suffer equally, that's why SUV's are gettin a bad rap.

Example:

"The people in the big suv have a less chance of bieng injured than the people in the compact car, so it's unfair that people that can afford a suv will be safer!"

Yep, Hitler told everybody up front what he was all about.

Isn't everybody proud of hillary now that she stood up in front of the Senate and held up a newspaper with the headlines that read in BIG letters:

HE KNEW.

Then she goes on to question the Prez. about "what he knew and when he knew it!"

Her husband was told in 94' by the Philopinos that the arabs had a plan to fly planes into US buildings.
She and her buddies need to shut up.
You don't hear much about ENRON these days,..because the democrats recieved more $'s, from ENRON and paid out more $'s to ENRON (12mil.).

What a bunch a chumps......

·
Registered
862 Posts
Well maybe they should be blown up! But seriously, if you look through history, there was always some type of conflict going on. It stands out more now because technology steers the conflict right to our homes. Doesn't matter whether your from Canada, USA, Middle East, Ireland or whereever. **** happens, people die and we pretend to deal with it. Will profiling help? It hasn't yet! If you think profiling hasn't been practiced then your fooling yourself. Of course it will be denied but it happens. So what 'ya gonna do?
Paul

'69 Mustang (Summer) - 302-4V Automatic, Heddman Headers, Edelbrock 600cfm carb & Performer intake. Crane 278H Cam and Electronic Ignition.
'92 Grand Marquuis (Winter)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fnracing on 6/4/02 9:08am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Anyone ever taken a flight to Israel on El Al? I worked for an Israeli company a few years ago and went over for 10 days. I flew from Boston to Newark to pick up the El Al flight. Had to be in Newark 4 hours before the flight left. I went through normal security and then had to pass through Israeli security. Absolutely incredible process. I was questoned for about 30 minutes on why I was going over and had to produce documents from the Israeli company I worked for that proved my employment. They actually opened up Outlook on my laptop and searched through my e-mail records. Called the hotels I was booked into and verified my bookings. After all that, they took every single thing out of my luggage and searched it. Actually asked me why I packed so much for only a ten day stay (I had one suit bag and one suitcase). When you boarded the plane, they took your picture. Now that's profiling at its best! Whole process took 3 hours which would obviously piss off most US passengers, but then again, nobody's ever hijacked or messed around with an El Al plane.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good story Shep, and yet with all the security they have on the ground, they're still gettin blown up by these whaco's with bombs. Small country too....if these whaco's get over here and start blowing up malls etc. our whole way of living will change...(maybe the mastercard from the mall will go down
...this is a big country, I'm with Pat B. on this one...Close the borders....Should have been done along time ago...

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
There are some people in this country who better wake up!

I hate to say it, but some time in the future we will have to deal with more terrorist attacks on our soil. It is every citizens duty, in my opinion, to be aware of their surroundings. Take note of suspicious people and vehicles. The suicide bombers WILL turn up here. It's a logical conclusion we are vulneralbe to such attacks due to our open society.

If you are a non citizen, illegal alien, or "guest" of this country, be prepared to be scrutinized. As far as I am concerned, you are not covered by our Constitution. Don't like it? Go back to your own country.

As a former Marine and Vietnam veteran, I feel passionately about the defense of our country.
The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.
Take no prisoners.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hey,mustangjoe, this might sound kinda of corney to some( but i do not give a shi# )
but i would like to thank you and every one else that helped defend the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. RIGHT ON !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
On 2002-06-05 00:25, mstngjoe wrote:
There are some people in this country who better wake up!

The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.
Take no prisoners.
Now I don't want to get off on a rant here....But,
Right on!!! Bad **** is on it's way. We, as Americans, need to be prepared. I say we close the borders and start kicking every would-be suicide bomber out into the Pacific or Atlantic, which ever is closer. All of the ***** human right groups in this country bitch and moan about how mean we're being. I wish Al Quada(sp) would bomb Amnesty International and shut them the f*ck up. I know these groups serve a purpose, but when the constant bitching about how we are hurting the poor people of Afghanistan is bullshit. I personally know an individual that was in Afghanistan for the last three months and said he saw no US military damage to non-military targets. All of the civilian stuff that's been blown up has been done by themselves over the last 10 years! Of course, the press over here jumps on ever little accidental death like we had just dropped the A-bomb on Hiroshima all over again.
I really have no point I guess. I just wanted to vent. I personally feel that all of the human right's groups that are bad mouthing my goverment and country need to shut the f*ck up. It's that same country and our Constitution that gives them the right to exist in the first place. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks MJoe, and to any other soldier that has the balls to put on a uniform and risk his life for others!

What's more is any known terriosts should be shot dead on site, and move on to the next one. Quit wasting time with trials.

They (saudi's) started it and now it's time to bring the fight to them. Enough of this defense, time is now for some real offense.
Terrorize the terrorist! Assanations (sp) are in order now.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If you are a non citizen, illegal alien, or "guest" of this country, be prepared to be scrutinized. As far as I am concerned, you are not covered by our Constitution. Don't like it? Go back to your own country.

EXACTLY.

You either want to be here or you don't. If you don't like the way you get treated here go back to your country of origin and remember all the reasons that you wanted to be an AMERICAN.

There is alot of things that I don't care for in the U.S. government, but the American way of life is unparalleled. If you want to be an AMERICAN great. Learn the laung., learn the history and learn to work hard like the rest of us.

In this country, nobody rides for free.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.