Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a set of Torq Thrust IIs for my 66 Coupe and am having a hard time deciding what size to get.

I know I want either 16s or 17s because of brake fitting issues. What do you think?

I'm reading the biggest I can get on the
front is a 16x7 with a 225/50R16 or a 17x7 with a 205/50/ZR17. The biggest I can get on the rear is a 17x8 with a 235/45ZR17 or a 16x8 with a 225/50R16.

I've seen cars with 17x8 and 16x8 on all 4 corners. How do they do this? Every Mustang magazine I've read says that a 7" width is the largest you can go on the front. I'd like to get 8" width rims for all 4 wheels.

I've got a set(4) of 15x7 style steel wheels for sale. I only used them for 1000 miles. Have BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires mounted and balanced. The entire package is essentially brand new. Check out my add in the classifieds if you're interested.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm leaning more toward 16x8s but I currently only have 620lb springs without a shelby drop. The TCP coil kit is in my mind for the future but not yet.

My brake problems are starting actually coming from the rear. On the front I have a Granada disc brake setup which clears my 15x7 fine. It's my new explorer disc brake kit on my rearend that's interfering.

What about 16x7 rims? Will I have any interference problems with those?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.